This is a test . . . can you figure out what's going on with this paragraph from a camera review?

Jock Elliott

Hall of Famer
(also posted at M43)

Ah, the internet . . . that virtual palantir to all things wonderful.

I offer, for your consideration, this paragraph which appeared in a "fingers on" look at the new Panasonic rugged camera that appeared on newspaper24. Here's the link to the article: Panasonic Lumix TS7 / FT7 fingers on assessment – NEWPAPER24

"It’s an actual disgrace as nicely that the Lumix TS7 / FT7 solely gives JPEG seize as nicely, particularly when its closest rival, the Olympus Robust TG-5 gives uncooked seize. The power to shoot uncooked information could be actually helpful in some conditions, particularly for the pliability this gives when correcting the white stability of underwater scenes that may simply trick cameras."

Okay, you eagle-eyed critical examiners, have a look a let me know what you think. I have my own theories, which I might reveal later.

Cheers, Jock

(also posted at M43)

Ah, the internet . . . that virtual palantir to all things wonderful.

I offer, for your consideration, this paragraph which appeared in a "fingers on" look at the new Panasonic rugged camera that appeared on newspaper24. Here's the link to the article: Panasonic Lumix TS7 / FT7 fingers on assessment – NEWPAPER24

"It’s an actual disgrace as nicely that the Lumix TS7 / FT7 solely gives JPEG seize as nicely, particularly when its closest rival, the Olympus Robust TG-5 gives uncooked seize. The power to shoot uncooked information could be actually helpful in some conditions, particularly for the pliability this gives when correcting the white stability of underwater scenes that may simply trick cameras."

Okay, you eagle-eyed critical examiners, have a look a let me know what you think. I have my own theories, which I might reveal later.

Cheers, Jock
Based on the cookies banner at the top of the page, it appears to be a translation from a Germanic language. I noticed several other odd turn of phrase in the article; so I'm guessing a translation that didn't quite get it right.

EDIT: I did notice the phrase "uncooked seize" in the summary, as well. Have no idea what they are saying.

My response over on M43:

I definitely have to get me some of that uncooked seize . . . probably improve the heck out of my photography.

In the meantime, I believe the original article appeared here:

Panasonic Lumix TS7 / FT7 hands on review | TechRadar

My guess is that newspaper 24 grabbed the content and then danced around the copyright laws by invoking some sort of synonym generator, possibly automated, but perhaps a human whose first language is not English.

In any event, my initial reaction went from Huh? Whaaaaat? to giggling mirthiness. However, as a professional writer for nearly 5 decades, if this is, indeed, "unauthorized appropriation of intellectual property" I would be highly irritated.

Cheers, Jock

I think they're saying that it's too bad the Panny only shoots jpg while the Oly gives you the option to shoot raw. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

This combined with that it is translated as noted above. And that some people say the jpg settings are baked in.

I agree that this is an automated translation ("uncooked seize” i.e., raw capture). Worse still is the absence of review and editing. There’s no concern about quality, just ‘click' quantity. What is communication coming to? (That’s the beginning and end of my rant.)

Back