Ricoh The water has receded

Ripleysbaby

supernatural anesthetist
Name
Garry
The GXR and A16 was on a tripod this morning. It was very cold. I had the white balance cranked up as hot as it would go
but it still was not enough. So i put it back on auto for correction later. (mistake)
These were all taken using my new VF-2. The GXR is now a whole new animal with this viewfinder. It was a good move to purchase one.
This image is an HDR from 3 raw files -2.3/ 0.3/ +0.4 Aperture 3 using Photomatix plug in.
8405476682_7a11deedf3_b.png

R0012674 by sucofni, on Flickr

This is a tone mapped detail of the sand stone river bed
8404399499_2fd3b5400c_b.png

R0012686 by sucofni, on Flickr

And one more HDR.
8404399747_4aa5552f2a_b.jpg

R0012689 by sucofni, on Flickr

third is my fave, wonderful textures making a great contrast with the reflected clouds! Personally I think the HDR is a bit overdone in the first, with the halo's around the trees and the darkened sky.

third is my fave, wonderful textures making a great contrast with the reflected clouds! Personally I think the HDR is a bit overdone in the first, with the halo's around the trees and the darkened sky.
I agree with you 100% about the overdone bit. Your comment made me take another look. I was so busy working withe the foreground and shadows i admit i never noticed :doh:

I dunno, I hope you're trying something new and low on the learning curve with these images, because your other stuff is so much better. I am only on my second sip of coffee (so my judgement may be a bit obscured by the lingering cloud of sleep), but, I give all three a "meh".

Back