The Royal Wedding. What did you make of it?

Name
Andy
Just wondering if any of you non UKers watched our Royal Wedding and what you thought of it.

I thought it was a perfect day, everything was just idealistic and a real fairytale wedding. However i did spend much of my time looking at peoples cameras to see what they were using!! Very sad :D

I watched it on TV with family and it has been a great day.

I heard about it while taking a shower...I was listening to the BBC news...then, later, while on a phone call the person on the other end insisted I turn on the TV...so I saw the family on the balcony. They all looked quite happy as did the throngs of well wishers who seemed to go on for as far as the eye could see! Best wishes to the happy couple! :drinks:

That Wedding!

We did the same thing Andy and went over to watch it with a group of friends. I thoroughly enjoyed it. We watched it on their 46" tv screen and it was just so clear. The cameras seemed to be able to get sooooo close to everything. Our friend's dad was taking pictures with his compact from the tv screen and so I took this one with my Ricoh GXR, see, there's still a bit of fun to be had even if we weren't invited ;)

R0013708.jpg

R0013738.jpg

two women in the house so it was watched "on" and "off" all day - good to see so many people "happy" as most of the news these days is about "killing" and bombing

My daughter went back to London yesterday so that she could attend a "street" party today and another party this weekend - so a lot of people are using the holiday to have a good time

The presentation was the usual "British" Royal thing which we (they) do so well - but although I am (very) happy for all those who are "happy" - there is something "not quite right" in todays age to see so many people in such privileged (gifted) positions - just an enormous extended "Royal family" most of which now I have never heard of as they are "breeding" like the "proverbials"

I hope that William and his Bride are very happy and get through the historic "formalities" that they will be faced with

just my views - I'm not really "pro" or "against"

PS - hope the food's good at the Palace as, IMHO, she needs to put a few "pounds" on

BillN, I have to agree with some of what you say. There are a number of royals of whom we should be ashamed. That being said, I'm happy that William has married into the Middleton clan who appear to have great genes and we can now at least look forward to some attractive offspring in the future:rolleyes: Looking at Prince Andrew's face in the Cathedral, well ........... !

Seemed like a great wedding (I just saw pictures and read commentaries). And it sounds like a perfect match in that the newlyweds seems to truly love each other and she seems to fit the desires of the royal family. I read that there's talk of skipping Prince Charles and going straight to Prince William as the next king.

Hope they remain happy and are able to balance their responsibilities as royalty.

It was a bright spot in the news, some relief from tornadoes, fires, and wars. And the women's hats are amazing and inventive! I think it's great that most British citizens seem proud of their country, and I wish the best for the happy couple (who I do not envy).

That's a heck of a way to kiss a woman...
Sheeeesh...

Sorry if I said this before...nah.....

They have a heck of a life set out for them...
I wish them the best from the colony...

It was a bright spot in the news, some relief from tornadoes, fires, and wars. And the women's hats are amazing and inventive! I think it's great that most British citizens seem proud of their country....

Yes, good news for once. And true, nice to see a country respect their leaders, even if they are not the political leaders. In America everyone is very down on our leaders and the leaders just blame each other without solving anything.

So yes, refreshing all around.

Back