Ricoh The Ricoh GR image thread

9248912090_a178f47c1f_b.jpg

Trying to zone focus with this image.

Good morning, thanks for your post. Yours and the many other posters have been great reading.

I have ordered my GR and will impatiently wait for it to arrive.

Is there a set list of adjustments you perform on every batch of photos you import (as a starting point based on the characteristics of the GR)?

I am learning to do this today with my D3s in Light room. I think it's a combination of the camera's profile and my shooting tendencies.

Thanks for any feedback.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using SeriousCompacts mobile app

Hi There, i have not had the GR long so am still experimenting, generally i shoot in Raw and spend time with each image in ACR before opening in cs6. i normally do not use any sharpening or noise reduction in ACR as i also shoot a fuji x pro1 so find that third party software is better but with the GR the files do respond quite well for noise and sharpening within ACR. cheers.

My Ricoh GR arrived today I decided to play with the HC BW while walking my dog in the park the camera feels so light yet sturdy enough in my opinion a far cry in my humble opinion over the RX100, here are some HC BW shots and one colored one I forgot which setting this was.

9266928606_0027f0d61b_c.jpg

9264160015_7bd1b4e492_c.jpg

9266937602_1f9c11e095_c.jpg

Nice.

Its amazing how plain and perhaps even boring these Ricohs look, I pick mine up and feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
My brother came over the other night and his reaction when he saw it on the coffee table ? "....what the f@ck is this crap?".
It took him a minute to actually believe me that it wasn't some kind of 1980's $30 film camera from a 2nd hand thrift store.
He's not a camera guy btw.

Norway Trip

Some photos from a short trip I made to northern Norway a few weeks ago with the GR. Not exactly great singles or photos that show the great optical qualities, but a collection of how i use the camera.
NordKapp-13_06_35.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

NordKapp-13_06_257.jpg

NordKapp-13_06_604.jpg

NordKapp-13_06_419.jpg

NordKapp-13_06_492.jpg

NordKapp-13_06_798.jpg

NordKapp-13_06_51.jpg

NordKapp-13_07_948.jpg

NordKapp-13_07_995.jpg

NordKapp-13_07_985.jpg

Back