Cats The Requisite Cat (Kitty) Photo thread

Not every cat is a good match, Sue. Good on you for realizing that and moving on. You'll both be happier in the long run.
Thanks Luke, I am now over the guilt I felt at not being able to make her comfortable with me, but have learned a valuable lesson... older cats are probably not right for me because they are set in their ways. I will get another, but a youngster, or a kitten, and not until next year. I'm getting used to being completely on my own and theres a certain freedom in not having responsibility for another being. I still miss Tom like crazy though.

This time last year "nope, too tired to get off the bed"

Tomlastnovember.jpg

Lucky is a very handsome cat (My favourite cat of all the ones we have owned was a tabby - cussedly independent and a complete personality.
Since I've already introduced Blu My cattle dog over on the dog thread, here are the 2 objects of his unwelcome herding attention

Luna - this is one of the first shots with my XE2 and it exploded on explore - my most viewed picture (Blu is jealous now that Luna is Queen of the interwebz so to speak)

15657649926_3d7a7b6770_b.jpg
Single in November 2014Day 1Luna shot wide opening focus peaking through the evf on the Fuji XE2. #10 in explore by Eddie Smith, on Flickr

and here older much less active sibling - Griffe (french for claws a name he earned in his youth) -this is the first cat we got after our tabby passed on - taken with the OMD i tried out before coming to my senses and buying a fuji

15124734264_4584bfce49_b.jpg
20141022-20141022-PA220238.jpg by Eddie Smith, on Flickr

This is Fred, my brother's cat, who made it all the way to 21 years old. Fred wasn't able to care for his coat very well his last couple of years, so my brother brushed him and kept him in pretty good shape. One of Fred's ears was partly chewed off in a cat fight, so in an effort to make him look more distinguished I copied one ear to the other (in reverse). That was the only alteration I did, in Paint Shop Pro v6 (software ca. 1998).

image.jpg

Back