1. Welcome to Cameraderie.org—a friendly camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

The Power of the Camera Phone

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by drd1135, May 15, 2018.

1. drd1135

drd1135 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Lexington, Virginia
    Steve
    My first grandchild was born on Mother's day. My wife is there with my daughter, but I'm at home holding down the fort. I'm getting a stream of photos because it's so easy to take and send them. Photography is alive and well.
    IMG_0379-L.
    Apple    iPhone 7 back camera 3.99mm f/1.8    4mm    f/1.8    1/15s    ISO 50

IMG_0382-L.
    Apple    iPhone 7 back camera 3.99mm f/1.8    4mm    f/1.8    1/15s    ISO 100

IMG_2846-L.
    Apple    iPhone 7 back camera 3.99mm f/1.8    4mm    f/1.8    1/6s    ISO 100

IMG_0381-L.
    Apple    iPhone 7 back camera 3.99mm f/1.8    4mm    f/1.8    1/9s    ISO 100

IMG_0384-L.
    Apple    iPhone 7 back camera 3.99mm f/1.8    4mm    f/1.8    1/342s    ISO 20

IMG_0383-L.
    Apple    iPhone 7 back camera 3.99mm f/1.8    4mm    f/1.8    1/15s    ISO 80

Last edited: May 15, 2018
    • Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Ripleysbaby

Ripleysbaby supernatural anesthetist

Sep 9, 2011
    Cumbria UK
    Garry
    Congratulations grandpa/grandad

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  3. KillRamsey

KillRamsey Super Moderator

Jun 20, 2012
    Hood River, OR
    Kyle
    Congrats!

And yep. It's the only camera you (more or less) ALWAYS have with you. When it's hot out, and I'm going for a long bike ride, it's hard to bring a real camera. But the phone slips into a jersey pocket...

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Bobby Tingle

Bobby Tingle Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Dec 31, 2013
    Louisville, Ky
    Congratulations!

5. Yes, cell phone is something. I can't afford a smart phone or I'd use one. (sometimes)

6. drd1135

drd1135 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Lexington, Virginia
    Steve
    Cell phones have reached the stage where the IQ is good enough to be a given. I've been fascinated by how quickly these images have spread among family and friends, allowing those far away to be part of an event. Images are powerful and the ability to disseminate them in real time resonates with with the human sense of community. An image of a new member of the family is a deeply emotional experience. It's hardly a new insight but for me this is a very personal example of the the power of the combination of imaging and communication.

7. Luke

Luke Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    I hadn't given much thought to the instantaneous nature of cel hone photography, but it is pretty amazing. Literally within seconds, all involved can view these photos of the latest family member.

Congrats to you and all those involved. Beautiful memories.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.