The Most Magnificent Serious Compact Photo Challenge - August 2013

Sue, the spirit of the challenge is always way more important than getting a specific one every day. Let the words rattle around in your head and just go out for a day of shooting. See if something develops (pun intended). If not...no biggie. But nothing ventured...nothing gained. I know most days lately, I have left my camera home...too busy with work and life. But I'm going to head out with my camera every day in August. I may not capture something for the Challenge, but I'll certainly be better equipped to capture something if I have a camera with me. Do what you want, but I don't think you're the type to quit when facing a challenge. Frankly, I could shoot your pal Tom 31 different ways and shoehorn them into whatever the themes may be.

I'll be too busy next month to be a cheerleader pushing everyone on, but quitting before it starts....... C'mon Sue, you're better than that. (y) If you try and fail, it's better than never having tried (and that's just not some stupid bulletin board inspiration....it's true). Give it a whirl.

And to everyone else....let this be a warning.

Sue, the spirit of the challenge is always way more important than getting a specific one every day. Let the words rattle around in your head and just go out for a day of shooting. See if something develops (pun intended). If not...no biggie. But nothing ventured...nothing gained. I know most days lately, I have left my camera home...too busy with work and life. But I'm going to head out with my camera every day in August. I may not capture something for the Challenge, but I'll certainly be better equipped to capture something if I have a camera with me. Do what you want, but I don't think you're the type to quit when facing a challenge. Frankly, I could shoot your pal Tom 31 different ways and shoehorn them into whatever the themes may be.

I'll be too busy next month to be a cheerleader pushing everyone on, but quitting before it starts....... C'mon Sue, you're better than that. (y) If you try and fail, it's better than never having tried (and that's just not some stupid bulletin board inspiration....it's true). Give it a whirl.

And to everyone else....let this be a warning.

I guess I am just no longer into these challenges... it occurred to me later that last time we had a daily topic, I failed to complete on a couple of days and back then, also commented that I found it to be more like work than enjoyment. I don't want to *have* to shoot every day. I don't even want to, under normal circumstances (I already have far too many photographs languishing in iPhoto which have never been given a second glance, without adding even more... which I seem to be doing anyway, with the new camera).

I'll give it some more thought, Luke, but at this stage can't see my participation happening. Its not about quitting, its about being circumspect about what I can or can't/won't/don't want to commit to :)

It's supposed to be fun, and an exercise in stretching the photography imagination. But, if it is not something that stirs you, at this time, then you should not feel stressed or "pushed" for sitting it out and cheering the others on.
I'm pretty much a home body, so it will be a stretch to find photographic expression, of all the suggested themes. I walk nearly every day, for a few minutes, with the camera along. My little world is field and woods. I don't expect to fill all the categories, and am not going to fret when I miss one, ....or two, or three....:redface:

Sue, you're right on the money. I thought I'd try a push to see if you needed one. You clearly don't. Join in every once in awhile if the mood strikes or if you get a shot that is just perfect for Paul's outrageous challenge prompt (I think I have one in mind already).

If it's not fun, then why bother.

a bottle of something or something in a bottle.

Doing this should get me up and moving around and add a bit of perspective to my universe. Since this is my first, how will we know what the "item" of the day is?

Back