The Dungeon Stairs

That reminds me, I bought the Nik suite a while back when there was that deal through Serious Compacts, I'm still too scared to play with it. It took me long enough to dig into Lightroom before that.

But I've seen your other photos with the LX7, you definitely know what you're doing as a photographer.

great detail and execution at low light with that small sensor john. just into a trial of the nik software myself and am amazed at how much it adds to LR--night and day.

great detail and execution at low light with that small sensor john. just into a trial of the nik software myself and am amazed at how much it adds to LR--night and day.

I don't need it for everything and I'm still at heart someone who goes for a realistic presentation -- but it's fun and I'm between "assignments" right now so it's fun to go back and try to make silk purses out of some of those sow's ears in my catalog, lol.

That reminds me, I bought the Nik suite a while back when there was that deal through Serious Compacts, I'm still too scared to play with it. It took me long enough to dig into Lightroom before that.

But I've seen your other photos with the LX7, you definitely know what you're doing as a photographer.

You're very kind and thank you!

Hey, it's absolutely a no brainer to use the Nik stuff at first. There are so many presets already in there you can have a lot of fun just trying them. And in Nik Color Efex Pro 4 you can add filters and "stack" them which is what I've done here. In addition I've adjusted the parameter sliders of the effects to taste. It's not much different than LR in some respects.

When you right click and select "Edit In" you can choose the plug-in after first saying "Edit a copy with Lightroom adjustments" or just "Edit a copy". In either case, Lightroom creates a new TIFF from the original and puts it in the catalog and that's what you edit. Your original photo is still untouched that way and you just throw away the copy if you don't like it when you're done.

Have fun and don't be afraid of it. It may or may not give you the results you'd like -- but they are fun to play with and in playing you may discover a look you'll want to use again.

Not too fond of this one John - Doesn't lead you down the stairs ie give a proper sense of depth

Its always worth experimenting though & a lot of my shots I like were right offs originally

on this one I'd try to get the detail of the stairs & stonework & tint it just the other side of black & white

Not too fond of this one John - Doesn't lead you down the stairs ie give a proper sense of depth

Its always worth experimenting though & a lot of my shots I like were right offs originally

on this one I'd try to get the detail of the stairs & stonework & tint it just the other side of black & white

Fair thoughts, ReD. Everyone has a vision and they don't always agree but certainly yours would look nice. I don't want too much detail in fact and the short poem I wrote for it pretty much says it: light is sucked away by this evil place and everything is a murky, dismal feeling space devoid of hope. You don't WANT to go down these stairs... you want to proceed no further...

Cheery thought, yes? But that's what I'm after here.

Thanks for sharing your vision though!

Back