the color is called avocado

Off topic slightly, but this reminds me of the days when I worked in a paint store. The company would come out with new colors every few years or so and we'd laugh hysterically at some of the names. I think we had a green color called Avacodo at one time. I don't remember too many customers getting paint in that color. It truly was an aweful paint color.

Really nice photos. Beautiful dog.

Annnnnnnd????? Okay, just clicked. I'm glad you and Lucy liked them. There's more on the tree. And the wife?

G
Lucy wasn't too sure about it, but since it came on a corn tortilla chip, she was cool with it. Unfortunately Lauren couldn't enjoy it with me since she needed to head up north for the weekend to take care of her mother. I begged her to take one long but she didn't want to deprive me. I'm going to try to see if that last one can make it until Sunday. It's in the fridge now to slow the ripening.

Wow, cant believe Lucy likes em' I tried feeding avocado to my dog in the past and he ran for the hills.
Lucy has no idea what it tastes like in this shot. I just said a couple of buzz words to get her excited for the photo. Having a noisy tortilla chip bag helped. I gave her a chip with a bit of guac and she seemed ready for more, but we don;t like to give her too much human food and turn her into a beggar.

What are the specs on this photo? The depth of field is just right in the photo that shows Lucy licking her lips. It's not too shallow and not too deep so you have a nice balance there.

Not sure which specks you are referring to James. The texture on our ugly countertop? The black pepper in the guacamole? Or the E-P1's "grain" (noise)? The shot with Lucy is at ISO 1600....one stop further than I like to go with the E-P1, but my kitchen is darkish at 8 pm. There are some recessed lights that are kinda like spotlights so the guacamole was really well lit and Lucy was in the shadows. I was barely able to even get the shot I wanted.

AARRGG! Lowly E-p1! Aren't you ashamed to feature such trash, from such a lowly digital entrant. A 12MP, noisy, unloved, wana-be. At least 2 or 3 generations have passed it by. Belongs on your "collectible" self.:D

Gary, their creaminess is almost alarming. If and when I can ever find some free time, I'm flying out there. I MUST try your sangria recipe in person.

And Steve, I know you're being sarcastic, but you might hurt my E-P1's feelings. I still love the way that old E-P1 renders.....just not at this high of an ISO (except for b/w conversions.....then 1600 is fine). It's just the only camera left in the house as I had a massive sell-off and am awaiting the next binge session. If I were trying to make anything other than a snapshot, I could have set-up the tripod and stuck to bse ISO like those poor Sigma people need to do with their state of the art cameras. :tomato2:

Gary, their creaminess is almost alarming. If and when I can ever find some free time, I'm flying out there. I MUST try your sangria recipe in person.

And Steve, I know you're being sarcastic, but you might hurt my E-P1's feelings. I still love the way that old E-P1 renders.....just not at this high of an ISO (except for b/w conversions.....then 1600 is fine). It's just the only camera left in the house as I had a massive sell-off and am awaiting the next binge session. If I were trying to make anything other than a snapshot, I could have set-up the tripod and stuck to bse ISO like those poor Sigma people need to do with their state of the art cameras. :tomato2:

It may be cheaper if I just sent you more fruit.

Back