The Apple Watch - wow

i LOVE it! :D but im sure you all realized that
even luke! who still loves me despite the fact that im looking at my wrist as i type this in anticipation of having an apple watch on it... ;D
heheheheehehhehehe

i like all the built in fitness stuff
theres plenty of other devices that track fitness stuff, but thats all they do
this one will actually make me wear it so i can send lil TAPS to people(hey, thats pretty social for me!) and draw silly pics to them
so it will also be able to say "hey fat lazy american pig... get off yer butt, youve sat still for 7 hours straight! MOVE IT MAGGOT!"
i just need to be able to program it to have the power to shut down all my other idevices if i disobey its mandate! ;D

im WEAK!
i need someone to control me!
haha

All these new Apple things and I'm still thinking about jumping off the Apple ship. (not getting rid of my iMac though)
But mobile stuff ! I might give Windows a go. Its the getting stuff on and off thats a royal pain for me (iTunes)
As for the watch. Mmmm ? NO.
I have a nice analog one that tells me the time only.

In all seriousness, I use android stuff. The motorola 360 looks interesting to me strictly for the workout/heart rate functionality. Too expensive though for what it is IMHO.

Although I tend to embrace technology at every turn and had no problem dropping "real books" for a Kindle, I can't get my head around wearing one that has to be charged, will be pretty much obsolete in 5-6 years, and looks like a lot of other people's watches. That goes for any smart watch, not just this Apple.

As a kid I wanted a TV watch so bad though, and I still have a warm spot in my hard for calculator watches.

My love for watches has gone through many phases, from digital as a kid to mechanical as an adult. But I've always had a soft spot for analogue/digital watches, which started in the 80's when I fell in love with this classic Casio as seen in the movie Blue Thunder:

BlueThunder_Casio2.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

James Bond wore this incredibly cool Seiko:

seikooctopussy.jpg

And Arnold Schwarzenengger wore this beauty in The Running Man, Raw Deal, and Predator:

50790905.Auction20050920002.jpg

I never got any of those, but I did get this Asia-only model in the late 90's:

450498445.1.jpg

Mine has a black face, and it looks way better in real life!

Omega has just announced this watch, which rings many of my chimes:

omega-speedmaster-skywalker-x-33-watch-2.jpg

If the Apple Watch definitely needs an iPhone and iTunes to even perform the basic functions of timekeeping and dial changes, that is seriously going to erode my enthusiasm.

That's very good news. iOS7 seemed to slow things down just a bit on my iPhone 4s and iPad 2. How's that part working out for you?

Well, given that I dont do much with it except a few quick fix games, iMessage and SMS, and the odd phonecall... just fine. Some have complained of slowdowns. I havent noticed.

[edit] It should be noted that I am also about to roll back to 7.1.2 (if I can) because I only updated to see if a couple of apps I actually need (my BGL tracker, and a sleep tracker) would work. They do, so I will get the new phone and keep the 4S on 7

If the Apple Watch definitely needs an iPhone and iTunes to even perform the basic functions of timekeeping and dial changes, that is seriously going to erode my enthusiasm.

I think it will keep time and may let you change dials, but why on earth would you spend *that* much money if thats all you want.

[wave of hand a-la a Jedi knight] This is not the watch you're looking for.

While I'm sleeping, I have no need to know what time it is. If you ask me what time it is nearly any time of the day, I can almost always guess within 15 minutes. That's close enough for me.

i never actually need to know the time, unless its 4pm thursday for the northrups live photo show on youtube, lol
i dont DO deadlines, so time isnt a factor in my daily life... think a clever existential feeling quote about time here, and imagine i said it... ;D

Back