The 29th Serious Compacts Salon challenge: QUIET - WINNER ANNOUNCED!

Quietly happy

H9Ihzl4.jpg

I saw the report of floods a few days ago but apologies for not making the connection with your locality

Hope things are well for you, family, friends etc

First of all, I would like to thank all participants for playing along and proposing many various takes on the theme. I enjoyed all the interpretations, ranging from contemplative to natural to solitary and so on... To me it's the best part of these challenges, getting to see the same through many pairs of different eyes.

Not only the entries were various, but I also enjoyed comparing the subtle divergences of similar concepts - like different flavors of Boid's and Jock Elliott's natural panos or gritty BWs from NathanCom and BBW, for example.

There was one especially strong image from Buebo which I particularly like - really a great shot. But even though I appreciate the stillness of the main character as compared to ghostly moving others, I cannot but feel the certain tension and vibrancy coming from her smile, which lead me to refrain from declaring it the winner.

So in the end, after many turnings and debating with myself, I went for Lightmancer's classy image, for the calm symmetry, elegance of tones, posture and expression and overall calmness and quietude. Not only it's a beautiful image, it fits the theme greatly.

Lightmancer, it's up to you to keep the fire burning!

Congratulations Lightmancer! For such a damn cool picture which, to quote our judge's words, exhibits "calm symmetry, elegance of tones, posture and expression, and overall calmness and quietude"! Damn! Which means I also must express thanks to pictogamax for not only coming up with such a cool challenge - but responding to it so articulately. Was just looking through all the images again in this thread/challenge - some of them are truly remarkable.

Back