The 24th Photographers' Lounge Salon Challenge: Shine

That is a wonderful photo. Perfect composition, details in the clouds, texture in the mountains, and a beam of light.
It must have felt very special. I was so impressed when I saw a similar phenomenon in the Grampians.
cheers, you are very kind.

OK everyone, the challenge is now officially over. I've been able to decide on the winner already. It was a photo that lifted my spirits when I first saw it and it still does. You can almost feel the flower reaching out into the sunshine for warmth and light. Congratulations to John Matsu for "Tango"!
Honourable mentions to Ray for a splendidly chromey close up; and to Matt and Pete for their photos showing shafts of sunlight in different but equally striking ways. But many thanks to everyone who entered.
Over to you, John!

Congrats to John on a great photo and thanks to Martin for putting it together. I always consider an honorable mention the best of all possible worlds in these things - a nice momentary little shot of ego gratification but without the responsibility to run the next one! So thanks for that too, Martin... ;)

-Ray

well, could have been any one of three or four for me. Cannot argue against the choice at all. Tango is; both, uplifting and inspiring. Doesn't have to be complicated or whacky, but such a fine execution lifts the ordinary every day onto a whole different plane. Respect!

Wow.
Thank you all very much for your kind words.
Congratulations to everyone for all the splendid entries.
And of course a special thanks to Martin for hosting.

I'll get the next event going shortly.

Thanks again!

I must admit that I blew past the winner pretty quickly the first time around. It's definitely a photo that rewards the patient viewer. I think that's a good reminder that I probably ALWAYS move over photos too quickly.

Back