Nikon That new 70-300 zoomer

Not only a huge price... also a huge weight. 550gm. Thats heavier than my DA55-300!! I guess I'll be giving it a miss, not only because of the cost, but also because of the weight. I have a personal limit of 500 for a lens but under 400 is better. My poor old wrists cant take it. A superzoom! My kingdom for a superzoom!

I understand it's not right for you, Sue. But if you consider the equivalent focal length (810mm), there's not much to compare it to (it's nearly twice as long as your DA55-300 (450mm equivalent)).

I kind of wish I had stick with the Nikon 1 system long enough to see this lens released. On a tripod (or a monopod for birding), I think this would be pretty sweet.

My wife is into birds now. Got an FT-1 and 70-300 DX for Christmas but wasn't happy with the result. This is on the wish list for sure. And yes, would go well with a monopod I'm thinking...

I understand it's not right for you, Sue. But if you consider the equivalent focal length (810mm), there's not much to compare it to (it's nearly twice as long as your DA55-300 (450mm equivalent)).

I kind of wish I had stick with the Nikon 1 system long enough to see this lens released. On a tripod (or a monopod for birding), I think this would be pretty sweet.

You're right. And so is John. Sometimes I just dont think logically.

My wife is into birds now. Got an FT-1 and 70-300 DX for Christmas but wasn't happy with the result. This is on the wish list for sure. And yes, would go well with a monopod I'm thinking...

ya know... I do keep forgetting about the monopod thing. I must get one, start using it, and stop thinking things are too heavy for me. a monopod will make it doable.

Now... savesavesave. By the time I get enough dosh togehter (because I just never get round to selling anything) there will be something newer and better, and the price might have dropped some.

Back