Panasonic Tell us about your Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5

Thanks for the welcome BBW. The auto white balance in tungsten light issues still remain, but am getting around it.

Vincechu, I get the same video banding that you are mentioning. It is far more prominent and appears very easily than on some other P&S cameras I have used.

I recently used the camera at a conference shooting it as a second video camera. Putting the video together, but having tested the video output, it is very much usable for my purposes.

Will put up some photos and videos shortly. Happy to help out with any requests people have of wanting to see images and tests from the camera.

Thanks so much Nosh. I appreciate your coming back on and will definitely be looking forward to seeing your photos and videos. I'm interested to see how versatile the zoom lens is, in particular and how it performs in different lighting situations.

Lx5

Bought the Leica LX3 some time ago from new and was impressed by that and use it as a carry around camera rather than my larger Leicas, However, when I saw that the Lumix LX5 was due to be released, I put in a pre order, for the camera and extension barrel.

First impressions are superb, has all the details I would expect, plus a so simple I.A. for a fast shoot, which alters to the conditions to hand in order to compensate for all occasions.

The in-built flash is a bit limiting, but the Lumix FL-360, when attached gives superb exposure also on I.A. but allowing more control when switched to manual. I have noticed that placing a filter on the extension barrel, reduces the quality of the image slightly, however that may be down to the filter used as my 52mm filters are not my best ones.

I will be interested to see the quality of the LVF-1 live viewfinder, the blogs on this item are somewhat negative as to the the quality of image on view, however anything has to be more acceptable than the bright sunlight option of having nothing..... but the screen to view.

Will let you know how it goes......

Back