Leica SWC with 220 film

In my corner of the world, reasonalbly high res scans are very available from professional labs. However, you are now talking 15$/roll and not 9$

I don't yet have the time on hand to do shooting, developing, scanning, and then processing. I'm stuck at "shooting".

In my corner of the world, reasonalbly high res scans are very available from professional labs. However, you are now talking 15$/roll and not 9$

I don't yet have the time on hand to do shooting, developing, scanning, and then processing. I'm stuck at "shooting".
Same here. I take photos.

Thanks. The SWC is available for attractive prices, compared to one Leica lens.
Ever the sucker for a fine piece of metal sculpture, I made a quick trip to eBay. These puppies are showing pretty steep asking prices. The 501cm is a lot more reasonable. I suppose it's a supply and demand issue.

Same here. I take photos.
Yes, you should see the stack of negs, cd's, and unprocessed images sitting around my desk. Partly related to the fact that I am now shooting and practicing with meterless cameras and becoming familiar with my newer ones. Also trying some lenses. Inevitably, fair number of not so good outcomes.

Ever the sucker for a fine piece of metal sculpture, I made a quick trip to eBay. These puppies are showing pretty steep asking prices. The 501cm is a lot more reasonable. I suppose it's a supply and demand issue.
rangefinderforum.com had a clean SWC -M for sale last week for less than $2000.

Very cool....but without even a film back. It occurs to me that like any other vintage or semivintage camera, you have to assume that things may no work so great or require adjustment ...or that there are glaring flaws , not obvious. And that whatever you buy will have to be gone over by a qualified individual . In the case of Hasselblad, its different than 50 dollar canon RF...it's going to be expensive and outcome in doubt (many having been heavily used pro cameras) unless you put the funds aside above and beyond these purchase prices. I had the same decision process when a friend of mine who loves older cars tried to convince me to buy a 12cyl Mercedes....I mean a really cool car appearing like a "deal" for what it is....a monster car. A little research showed that all kinds of problems crop up continually on very sophisticated systems generating big financial suprises. Even if you buy a mint sample from a Japan camera shop seller, you never know. All that being said, there is a premium still built into the price not only for "mint" or "excellent" but also for Hasselblad. Given the state of film cameras in the BIG market and the relative glut of Hasselblads, I'd rather see the prices deflate a little more.

Now if you are comparing to the cost of a Leica lens, well, you can be confident in thinking that an entire fantastic camera and kit is going to seem like a much better value. Perhaps, especially if buying brand new.

I guess I'm stingy ....until I'm not. (see "what have you bought lately").

Would I like to have a SWC....you bet your bippy. Let's see if I can withstand the "heat".

Perhaps I should mess around with a Bronica ETL, have my second or third fling with MF and maybe costing 300$?? Maybe I should have kept the Rollie 2.8F....and especially the Philips 8x10. The POlaroid transfers, which I color enhanced with colored pencils, was very satisfying creatively. Except for a couple of favorite Noblex black and whites, they are just about the only pictures I have hanging in the house.

The SWC has few moving parts. The shutter has to work and the film advance mechanism. Both should be warranteed by the seller.

Here are some photos with XP2 120 film.
bw0813659_0813659-R1-E010.jpg
bw0813659_0813659-R1-E009.jpg
bw0813659_0813659-R1-E008.jpg
bw0813659_0813659-R1-E005.jpg

I saw these as posted on RFF....very nice. I assume you hand held these as well?

How close in the face of subject do you have to get to make a portrait?

I actually do love wide persepective.....It's something I exploited when I had a Noblex.

Iam totally flabbergasted by the ebay asking prices for a 35mm Noblex. When I sold mine, hard to give away.

Hap

I saw these as posted on RFF....very nice. I assume you hand held these as well?

How close in the face of subject do you have to get to make a portrait?

I actually do love wide persepective.....It's something I exploited when I had a Noblex.

I stood within 3-4ft from subject. All were handheld.

Back