Fuji Sunday sky

Iansky

All-Pro
Out again today with the X100 and once again it delivers. I visited the old quarry machine site, no longer used and in a state of disrepair so a gradual demise is occurring.

In_demise.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Sky_in_layers.jpg

Sun_Sky_1.jpg

I'm a great fan of your pictures but could you tell me please - how do you keep the exposure correct in the land yet get so much detail in the sky?

Dan

I'm a great fan of your pictures but could you tell me please - how do you keep the exposure correct in the land yet get so much detail in the sky?

Dan

I take my exposure reading from the highest point of the ground that I want to focus on and review the image to ensure it has captured good exposure and sky detail - I only use the Raw image and you can use the fill light slider to bring back foreground detail, I can also tweak a little more in Silver Efex Pro2.

Hi Andy,

I have to admit that the IQ from the X100 is astonishing and for me it is a great camera for all events except perhaps fast sport.

I parted company with my Leica M8.2 at the end of last year due to poor IQ above 800ISO and after a lot of reading, pondering and handling got the X100 as part of the deal - I have not looked back since and have to admit that the IQ from the X100 equals and at anything above 400ISO exceeds that from the M8.2+28mm Elmarit combo.

I am more than confident to leave the X100 set on auto ISO with a max ISO level of 3200 and the results are astonishing.

I have also read a couple of reviews where users have compared the IQ to the Leica M9 and found it to be on par!

All I know is - it works for me and delivers the goods.

Back