Fuji Summer of Pictures

kevistopheles

Top Veteran
I have had some trouble getting used to my XE1 when I switched over from using a Sony. I normally don't care what camera I use but using the Fuji has always felt like I was wearing two left shoes. I realized now that all of this has been too distracting so as of now I officially don't care anymore. The XE1 is the camera I have and I'm going to get back to making images and quit obsessing over it. So welcome to my Summer of pictures

Feel free to join on the fun. Its a great way to focus on something other than gear and eliminate GAS. There are no real rules. Just come and post your shots. Even if you just want to post occasionally, it's still great fun.

Day 1:
17179122197_111ee988f9_c.jpg

flowerbellum
by kevin dixey, on Flickr

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks as though this thread could do with some support, so here goes...

DSCF7758.jpg

For me, the x-E1 is very enjoyable to use. I'm not keen on zooms generally, but the 18-55mm kit lens is excellent (though I'd prefer it to be a little smaller). The 27mm would give a 40mm (effective) FL, which is one of my favourite FLs. This FL is, of course, covered by the 18-55mm lens, but the 27mm is much smaller and lighter - so that might just be my next acquisition...:rolleyes-24:

Awesome, I was really hoping some folks would join in. Thank you...gorgeous shot. I also agree about the 18-55. It's a nice lens but I prefer primes as well. I'D love to get my hands on a 27 as 40mm has always been a favorite FL.

This wasn't taken during the summer, but lets say it was as the weather was summer like.
X-E1 + 27mm
DSCF9448.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This was taken last month X-E1 + Vivitar Series 1 70-210mm f3.5
DSCF9810.JPG

This wasn't taken during the summer, but lets say it was as the weather was summer like.
X-E1 + 27mm
DSCF9448.jpg

This was taken last month X-E1 + Vivitar Series 1 70-210mm f3.5
DSCF9810.JPG

Love the hummingbird. I gotta get my 70-210 out now

Love the hummingbird. I gotta get my 70-210 out now
You should, I have the gen II(its the one with the larger filter) in a Nikon mount and I am really sold on it now. This lens works much better on the X-E1 than it did when I had the G2.

I don't have my external with me, but I do have a few summer shots with the 70-210mm posted here. Just really love how film like the contrast is rendered with this combo. http://www.shutterheartstories.org/el-matador-beach/

That's excellent. Are you using any extension tubes with your 35, or does it just focus that closely? I've got one coming tomorrow and your pictures have whetted my desire for that lens even more.

No extension tubes. The MFD is about 7 inches from the front of the element. Going MF works a bit better than AF when you get close.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back