Fuji Struggling to get my XT2 set up right

Hmmm, no way I would remember all that out in the field! I am still taking the book with me to refer to when I need to try to do something.

A bit disappointed with the IS in the 50-140 to be honest - or I have it set up wrong to work properly, but Tuesday i had a boat to photograph for a magazine boat test (two actually). Normal panning shots that I would have nailed happily on the D4s, total garbage and double ghosted images and just total crap. 70mm focal length at 1/30th - should have been well in, but not a single shot. Thankfully I have been doing this for 25 years and know to get a safe shot at faster shutter, but the blurry background and sharp boat really makes the subject pop and is one of my trademarks - the XT2 let me down big time. I am not that enamoured with it at the moment. I know it will take a couple of years to get to know it, but that is a bread and butter shot that should have been nailed 80% frames sharp.

It is these disappointments that have kept me quiet. Normally I would be more enthused, but I am so frustrated with the Fuji I don't have anything worth loading up because the failure rate is so high. I am starting to get back to working again, but these results are frightful.

Back