Street Musician - Jazz - Leica Monochrom

I'd like to see larger thumbnails posted? But nice work regardless. The Monochrom is one cool camera though outside my budget.

I too would like a larger thumbnail, but this is the only technique, using the existing thumbnail from the webpage, that works generically on a wide range of forums that don't auto-size the original.

Welcome Dale, Beautiful tones. I bet it is a great camera to work with. Peter
Thanks! The camera and lens are like a 3-lb brick, and while it doesn't seem like much weight it's so dense and small that users will need strong wrists to hold it steady when shooting.

Like it lots. The slightly OOF effects works very nicely, IMO. I also like the tonality of the B&W. This was shot with the Leica monochrome?

Like it lots. The slightly OOF effects works very nicely, IMO. I also like the tonality of the B&W. This was shot with the Leica monochrome?

Monochrom and Noctilux. Even though the newer 0.95 lens was supposed to be clearer and suffer less with softness issues, it contributes softness to the look such that I can't separate perfect focus from lens softness unless the focus is far enough off. The DOF at f0.95 at 15 feet approximate is extremely thin.

It's probably dangerous to describe how I processed this since it will show my ignorance, but what the heck: Images come out of the camera as regular RGB, and if they need adjusting I make them mono only (single layer), get the local and general contrast right, then flop them back to RGB for any toning that might look better. Unlike color images, the flop to single layer and then back to RGB has no effect at all on the resolution or other factors that's visible at 100 percent.

Edit: I purchased one b&w effects program and ran a dozen or more images through the 30 or so sample filters, and didn't like any of them. So I've stuck with manual editing only.

Back