Fuji Strange exposure variations since firmware 1.13 update???

David_Manning

Regular
For the past couple of days (since I've updated the firmware to 1.13) I've been having inconsistent exposures. Every couple of shots will be very underexposed, and the difference is in shutter speed (not aperture, which is overexposed when it gets the dreaded sticky situation). Whereas the normal exposure might be 1/250 second, the camera will shoot an odd frame at 1/850 or 1/900 and underexpose by several stops. I'm using auto ISO.

Anyone else heard of this problem or experienced this phenomenon?

Hmmm I've updated to 1.13 a few days ago and haven't run into that problem. Will let you know if that happens to mine.

Have you tried different modes (M, A, S) to see what happens and how the X100 chooses the exposure settings?

I haven't used my X100 very much since 1.13. But if you use auto DR, the X100 will use higher ISO, which increases shutter speed, and then does some weird processing. Could that be it? Set DR to 100% and see if you are still experiencing the same issues.

Thanks for the ideas.

I'm wondering if something was changed DEEP in the system, since the firmware reverted all settings and menus to "original state."

I checked, and I'm on 100% DR, not auto, so that's not the problem.

For the past couple of days (since I've updated the firmware to 1.13) I've been having inconsistent exposures. Every couple of shots will be very underexposed, and the difference is in shutter speed (not aperture, which is overexposed when it gets the dreaded sticky situation). Whereas the normal exposure might be 1/250 second, the camera will shoot an odd frame at 1/850 or 1/900 and underexpose by several stops. I'm using auto ISO.

Anyone else heard of this problem or experienced this phenomenon?

Not so far, all my under exposure is most definitely user error.

Took my X100 out today for first session since updating to 1.13, have not noticed any problems - have noticed faster & more accurate AF especially in low light!

I also found it frustrating that all settings were reverted back to factory set, luckily read post before updating and wrote down my settings to reset again afterwards.

Well, after I removed and restored the battery, seems like it solved it's own problem. Weird trons?

Also, I notice better AF in low light too...and maybe closer OVF focus? (maybe my imagination...I don't know). Anyway, thanks for the input and feedback.

Back