Fuji Still in awe of the X100

I viewed the price as reasonable in terms of adding capability to the camera. Certainly more cost-effective than a $300 grip for an Olympus E-M5....IMHO.

You'd be surprised how much the OM-D grip benefits the camera. The grip took it from being moderately comfortable and slightly fiddly to being one of my best-feeling cameras. The position of the power button now makes complete sense, especially with one end of the strap looped in the underside of the grip and the camera hanging vertically. You just reach down into the camera, like a pistol, and thumb the power on, or you can grip it vertically and your thumb is perfectly positioned to turn it on.

Even without the battery component, the grip transforms the camera. I can easily slip it from my bag with my fingertips finding the grip, and the repositioned shutter button makes you hold it so that the thumb rest feels just right. Try it if you get a chance; it surprised the heck out of me.

As for the X100: it's a grand camera capable of producing super images. Still better than the OM-D image quality, I have to say!

Wonder machine

I can only agree that the X100 is a superb camera that never ceases to amaze me with it's ability to produce great images.

For me it is very much a tactile and interactive camera that encourages thought in composition and set up, both traits that I relish in this day of auto everything.

Waters_Edge1.jpg

Family_day_out.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

last_light.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Back