Stanley Park,Vancouver - a warm fall day

summerkl

Veteran
Name
Kevin
A very good idea, coffee on the beach :)

20111023-_DSC0567.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Some old statues and new statues

20111023-_DSC0620.jpg

20111023-_DSC0577.jpg

This picture looks serene but it was like walking through a minefield trying to avoid their droppings :eek:

20111023-_DSC0587.jpg

The park juts out into the Burrad Inlet. First image is the east seawall and the next is the west seawall (with a different take on a bird's eye view ;) ).

20111023-_DSC0597.jpg

20111023-_DSC0573.jpg

Lastly, a few fall color photos ..

20111023-_DSC0623.jpg

20111023-_DSC0553.jpg

20111023-_DSC0545.jpg

Thanks for viewing ... these photos will help me get through the coming wet and gray weather months :(

Agreed - a beautiful fall collection...the sunlight, the blue skies, the colors, the goose poop :tongue:... Seriously, Kevin - you live in a beautiful area and these give me a real taste of things out there. Will the winter really be that bad? I like your pigeon's eye view picture and commend you for bending down...considering the geese...and love that last one, especially.

Hi BB - who knew hobby photography could be so unsanitary :( Yes it was a glorious day to be outside - I have been shooting macros a lot lately so it was nice to shoot with a wide-angle. As to the weather, if you put any stock into it, they are predicting one of the colder winters for us ... brrrr.

Hey Kevin, great shots. I was over in Vancouver many years ago and have great memories of it and Victoria Island. Let
me see shall I say in the late 60's...were you born yet? :)
Those were my draft dodging days....no just joking of course.
Send us more....
Cheers, Pete

Hey Pete, in the late 60's I had just escaped the hatch so to speak - no drug metaphors implied :) Photography continues to be a wonderful journey ... a walk in the park used to be an enjoyable mindless day. Now I'm more aware of my surroundings and appreciating all that is in it ... although some may still say I'm mindless :)

Back