Pentax Speaking of Pentax

Armando, The IIS has been in my shopping cart a couple times, but I have been able to resist pulling the trigger so far. I am really curious how well the DA 21 would work on the IIS... would be a fun setup for me, I think.

By the way, did you see the IIS photos from Jim Radcliffe on Pentaxforums and boxedlight? He also shoots Fuji after giving up his Canon FF stuff:
Pentax K5 IIs Photography by Jim Radcliffe

I am going to try to hold out until the next round of Pentax/Ricoh announcements. Not counting on a FF, lol, but would be cool to see more AA-less choices, including, APS-C GRD and maybe a 24mpx APS-C Pentax? I have read some positive feedback on the D7100 and the theory that this level of pixel density makes moire/false color even less of an issue (same density as the rumored 56mpx Canon FF).

Luke - reminds me, looking forward to your impressions on the K30!

Oh yeah, and one other "speaking of Pentax"... a little kudos to the US service center. I had a DA 40 with a very small piece of debris inside, looked like a piece of seal or something, from day one. No biggie, but thought I would send it in before my warranty was up... kind of thought they would deny it for warranty, saying it was from outside or something. Surprised to receive the lens back within a week, fixed up free of charge and good as new.

Nice work Pentax! :bravo-009:

Luke - reminds me, looking forward to your impressions on the K30!

The fact that I'm looking at a K-5iis and/or a DA*300mm means I'm leaning HEAVILY towards PENTAX for life. I'm in discussions with my local tattoo salon seeing if he can reconcile the fonts of PENTAX and Fuji in one coherent tat.

OK, that last part is totally fabricated, but I'm enjoying the initial time playing with a DSLR. I can't compare it to other DSLRs because I have no experience there. But as soon as my personal life stuff settles down, I promise to give you my ideas about how a PENTAX system compares to m43 and the Fujis which I spent some time with.

Back