Sony Sony Alpha 5000

It's a NEX in all but name. Sony said a while ago that they were dropping the NEX branding and consolidating all ILc's under the Alpha brand.

I didn't see that there was a thread announcing these, even though that thread is a few weeks old. I guess it just suprised me of the "NEX" moniker getting dropped. It also begs the question if Sony is going to go entirely mirrorless in the future.

Lens selection has been Sony's Achilles heal since the NEX line started. They seem waaaay more interested in developing bodies than lenses. Which is obviously backwards for an interchangeable lens system.

Lens selection has been Sony's Achilles heal since the NEX line started. They seem waaaay more interested in developing bodies than lenses. Which is obviously backwards for an interchangeable lens system.

Not only does it show in quantity but quality of glass. Fanboys will love anything but the old alpha glass was just outclassed by Nikon and Canon.

I disagree. I think Sony has done a respectable job in growing the original two lenses to the vast array available from Sony and other partners.

20 Lenses from Sony alone in the past 3 years is pretty good. List of Sony E-mount lenses - Wikipedia

43 including other vendors http://sonyalphalab.com/sony-alpha-...torial-guides/nex-lense-e-mount-buying-guide/

Granted perhaps the one you desire is not available, but that does not mean they are not trying,

Back