Some rough seas on the south Devon (UK) coast

grebeman

Old Codgers Group
Lots of shots taken today when on my chosen patch for SIJ - 05. All shots taken with a Panasonic G1 and Voigtlander 12mm, f/5.6 lens.

1020240.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Start Point Lighthouse from the coast path to the west

1020270.jpg

Rough seas breaking to the south of Peartree Point

1020304.jpg

The view east from Peartree Point looking back towards Start Point

1020338.jpg

A similar view as above

1020340.jpg

West of Peartree Point overlooking Mattiscombe Sands (note the Start Point radio masts to the top right of the photograph)

1020372.jpg

A lone rock on Mattiscombe Sands

Barrie

I do like the second one, for all sorts of "dynamic" compositional reasons; and because I just like it best.

though i have to say the final one in the set is pretty splendid

That storm hit us yesterday ! Wasnt nice !! Great shots!

Nikki, we've got one of your Irish weather bouys from somewhere near the Fastnet washed up ashore in north Devon, apparently broke its moorings some 10-12 days ago. Its collision warning light is still flashing, although I believe it has stopped reporting the weather. Looks to be 15+ feet tall.

Barrie

Terrific series Barrie. I especially like the first one despite it being the least stormy of the lot.

Thanks Amin, that shows just how difficult is is to choose one's SIJ, people seem to vary in the choice of their favourite. BTW I was holding on to the tripod firmly, it was threatening to blow over, but the wind was parallel to the coast or even slightly offshore, anyway it felt pretty stormy at that spot, looks can be deceiving :)

Barrie :- Ill let the met office know , their just down the road from me !:) no wonder they keep getting it so wrong ! again wonderful shots !

I think they know about it and are trying to get it back

Barrie

Back