Critique Wanted Some critique please

Thanks Andrew, much appreciated :)

I have now edited the above images and I must say they are far better now. They make more sense :D

Many thanks

Last edited:
I like the first one a lot Andy. As is - I wouldn't touch it. The second one doesn't do a lot for me and I don't think editing it would make a lot of difference, but I'd probably try cropping it into a vertical shot that just contains the woman and the sign below, without so much empty space to the left and right...

As much as I like this first one, you've got some incredible architectural and landscape shots all around these two in your flickr stream - REALLY nice work!

-Ray

I like them. At first I thought the tables were too close to the water and the surfer might crash in, then I realized it's a mural(?). So if it could be more obvious it's not a window onto the ocean with a big wave coming in....

Then again, it's pretty cool as is.

Edit: If it were possible to remove the white divider it would look incredible.

If these were my shots, I'd probably keep the first but delete (ouch) the second. These were my first gut reactions and coming back a day later not that much has changed. So what does that second shot tell you, what does it evoke or remind you of, etc...? Why would you want to keep it in the first place?
No need to mention you and everybody else are welcome to criticize my shots to your hearts desire.

The first does have something to say, the juxtaposition of so much romantic action on the walls, and a mundane light meal happening below it. The second is less clear.

edit: If you could somehow process it with the can lights standing out really well, like a constellation, and then her form still being visible... not sure if that could be done, or if it would even help.

Thanks for the input everyone.

The 2nd image I kinda like purely because the girl is standing still and the sign under her is of a person running. It kinda made me smile. It's a keeper for now but I'll see how I feel in a few weeks.

Thanks all.

Back