Smokey Mountain Waterfalls.

Djarum

All-Pro
Name
Jason
I posted these over on www.mu-43.com too. I haven't been posting many pictures as of late because I seem to be spending more time with RAW. I usually use JPEGs but as of late, there seems to be something off. Not sure if I'm being more picky or not. Batch processing doesn't work since all need individual adjusting. The DR of the first gen 12mp sensor just also doesn't cut it.

My girlfriend and I about a month ago visited Gatlinburg. We did some hiking and some waterfall chasing.

Meigs falls off of Little River Road between Townsend and Gatlinburg:

P9262981_crops.jpg

Interesting waterfalls. Found this right behind the Sugarland visitor center. Not more than a .25m from the Ranger Headquaters which is behind the visitor center. Cataract Falls.

P9273114_s.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

We got up early and went upt to Laurel Falls, also off of Little River Road. Usually this is packed but we were there at about 8am. The WB was aweful from in camera, so I had to process RAW. Camera chose 7200K when I needed almost 11000K to fix this. ND filter wasn't needed since it was pretty early in the forrest.

P9273058_new5s.jpg

We went over to Bryson City NC which has the Deep Creek area on the southern edge of the Smokies. This is Thoms Branch falls and the next is Indian Creek Falls. Both are on the same trail.

P9283204_new_s.jpg

P9283220_new_s.jpg

Back