Canon Small compact - sometimes surprise you

BillN

Hall of Famer
Name
Bill
I was out today taking shots of the Church were my daughter plans to marry in 14 months time, (can't start preparing too early she says)

anyway I was out there with all my expensive DSLR gear taking loads of shots and thought I just take a few 'wide' with my Canon S95, which never has been looked after or care for

Before you review the image get rid of that fly on your computer screen

bee.jpg

Nice. I bought the S90 as it was the seeming continuation of the S series that started digital photography for me in 2002. I've mentioned this before, but in about 2005 or so, I said to my photography mentor that I was just waiting for Canon to bring out a camera that had:

- 28mm f2 zoom lens
- small as the Casio EX-Z750
- excellent movie mode
- image stabilization
- low light / high ISO performance as good as the Fuji F30
- Canon colour and image quality

In 2005, Canon released the S80, which was still a chunky camera with a sliding lens cover, and that was the last of the S series at the time. Canon released the S90 in 2009 and it surprisingly met all my 2005 criteria, so it took four years for my wish to be fulfilled. While it didn't have the image quality of the large sensor cameras I had come to use in the meantime, it was a very welcome addition to the family for its small size and functionality.

Back