Sleepover in Casnewydd

It's a lovely little place; beautiful coast and the mountains a little inland (where the Bluestones came from). Some very good local artists & musicians too. Unfortunately rather being taken over by wealthy second-homers which is pushing property prices far out of reach of those born & brought up locally.

The B W with mirror was our bedroom - I woke up with light piercing the shutters & reached for my camera

Paul - Absolutely right on all counts. Visited some Studios in Porth Gain - best I've seen outside of our local art Gallery.
Not sure what the answer is on second homers - they bring in tourists but property prices are too high for local incomes. I asked a question what does it cost to get a property on the beach & was pointed to a house first nicknamed 1.2 by the locals (£1.2m purchase price) after renovation it has now been re-nicknamed 2.4. ( Local builders must be happy).

Roger, a friend of mine used to live in Newport, and still lives close by and I sent her a link to your photos.
She liked them (especially the teacup) but also says: "If he thought he was in Casnewydd he was very confused! Casnewydd is in Gwent - he was in Trefdraeth! I think casnewydd might be new castle [castell newydd] but not sure."

So much for for Google translation then

Also no ref to Trefdraeth on links I looked up - bad form I say

Thanks

Sleepover in Trefdraeth it is then

See now, if I try taking photos like that they end up looking like nothing even remotely coherent or interesting. It's a skill is that, taking photos of the mundane and making them look like something special. Lovely set of photos ReD........ No, lovely 'interesting' set of photos.

Back