Feedback Site software change

"Watched threads" is driving me nuts. I keep getting alerts for updates to threads which I haven't even visited let alone selected to watch. I check the watched threads tab and it's empty, then bugger me, there's an alert and another thread has appeared in there. Aargh!

"Watched threads" is driving me nuts. I keep getting alerts for updates to threads which I haven't even visited let alone selected to watch. I check the watched threads tab and it's empty, then bugger me, there's an alert and another thread has appeared in there. Aargh!
Perhaps you have your preferences set to automatically watch threads, which will alert you about threads you may not have visited in a long time. You may want to see if you need to uncheck that box in your "Preferences."

Perhaps you have your preferences set to automatically watch threads, which will alert you about threads you may not have visited in a long time. You may want to see if you need to uncheck that box in your "Preferences."
Fair point, but... This thread didn't exist a few days ago. I don’t have it on my watch list. But I get an alert every time someone posts to it...

Just reporting a strange minor quirk on the new site software: when I logged in this morning, the Alerts notification (top right-hand side of the page) indicated that I had five alerts. However, when I clicked on it, the drop-down box said "You have no new alerts." o_O:confused:

Trivial... but slightly odd.

Beside the page numbers on the top and bottom of each page - there is probably another but I haven't found it yet.

Ah. Yes I have. In list view, click on the time of the last message, on the right hand side of the screen.

Hover over your name in the upper right corner, and then select "Alert Preferences".

"Go to First Unread" button will do the trick

There's also this:

2015-02-17_2226.png

Back