Feedback Site software change

I miss the "active discussions" function. Otherwise, it looks like I have to check each of the forums to see what's new.

Also (and this is minor, I know), the overall sepia tone is ugly. Better to go with straight black-and-white, IMHO.

I'll try to post something and see how that works.

Nope. DOA at this end.

I'm also finding that it isn't keeping me logged in (chrome on android)

From a usability point of view I have to say that I'd like a darker option too. I prefer light print on a dark background for visibility.

I miss the "active discussions" function. Otherwise, it looks like I have to check each of the forums to see what's new.

Also (and this is minor, I know), the overall sepia tone is ugly. Better to go with straight black-and-white, IMHO.

I'll try to post something and see how that works.
Jock, the "recent posts" tab at the top does largely the same thing as the "active discussions" bar on the right side of the old software. It's arguably not quite as convenient, but it lists discussions based on the when the most recent entry was posted, so it really is about the same thing...

-Ray

Just noticed that in old threads some of our favorite smilies show up as plain code (winkie, winkie). If there's one thing I miss from the old forum so far it's that 100% naughty, punchy :D

It's on the to do list ;).

Are there plans to provide user-selectable skins?

I used the former forum in a black skin (nicer to view images). I haven't seen an option to change skins here, correct?.

Darker skin is on the list also.

I was trying to make the site colors somewhat reminiscent of the old orange, but I'm going with the safer neutral for now until I can offer multiple skins to choose from.

It does look cleaner. Thanks for all your work. Is there a way to change the colors/motif yet? I'm finding this tiny black print on white a bit hard to look at.

I hope we are keeping the main page/featured thread on the main page. I really like that. I'm also not a fan of the motif. Way too much white with faint gray lines separating posts. It does seem snappier on my end.

Seems 'naked' without a proper landing/home page. I get straight to the forum listings when expecting the page. Not sure if this is preferred or not ... but just *unusual*.

If "recent posts" were the start page, it would go back to being dynamic again, instead of having to click through to get new content. Though I'm not too sure how well that would work for newcomers coming to the site for the first time.

It's been a long time coming, and I've changed us over from vBulletin to Xenforo.

What we gain:
-Better mobile site
-Faster performance
-More secure
-Cleaner design (IMO)
-More stable software

What is broken:
-HTML support in forum posts - high priority
-Subscriptions
-Other stuff (tell me)

What is missing:
-Right column Recent Discussions
-Ability to use templates to post in Buy & Sell
-Some smilies
-Other stuff (tell me)
-Buy/sell feedback
-Ads

Subscribing members, please cancel your recurring donations. To do so, go to the Profile drop-down menu at Paypal and select "My Money". Where it shows "pre-approved payments", click update at the right. Then select Virginia Sabet and select cancel.

Very Kewl.. I Like..

Back