Feedback Site problems, Gallery not available

Amin,

the "my photos" link is not working for me.

I get the following message: "You have set the product "photopost" to use a different database than your forums. However, the script cannot connect to this other database. Please check your database settings."

I got around it by opening another window and cutting and pasting the image information into the post I was putting together.

Cheers, Jock

Just tried to attach some photos to a new thread I wanted to start (photos were uploaded to my gallery just before) and I get the same message as well...

It's been a recurring cycle:

-Sites working well
-Increase in activity
-Sites not working as well
-I make changes (usually involves more $$$)
-Many things broken
-Fix things up
-Repeat

No, you shouldn't have to sign into the Gallery separately. Never has been required.
Well, in this version of Safari (8.0.3 build 10600.3.17), I have to, and it doesn't stick. I guess I will just have to switch to Firefox for PL. I'll do some posting in the appleseed forums and see if anyone else is having this issue. whats odd, though, is that it hasnt struck me on your other sites. Seems to be limited to this one.

Tried a different theme (I've been leaving it on the default) and for about 10 seconds, it carried my login and theme to the gallery. I switched back to the main forum, and then back to the gallery. Login dropped, and gallery on default theme.

Very strange, Sue. We're going to be moving to a new server, probably next week. That is sure to break even more stuff. I'm optimistically hoping it will also solve some bugs.

Just ran into the same problem Sue did while uploading my backlog of SiJ and other stuff - error happens when I use the My Photos link when composing a reply. For now, I'm using the Link to Thumb and Link to Image presets next to each photo.

Well, no joy here at all, the suggestions received via the appleseed forums have been tried and failed. Safari is simply refusing to allow me access to the gallery. I've (unwillingly) switched to firefox.

I've had the same issues with my Mac looking at images even beyond SC, and like you refuse to install Chrome or Firefox. I went Opera and most my ills are healed.

I have a feeling my issues are related to not having updated my OS to Yosemite yet. Love to but I can't...5Gb!!!...I mean that's like twice my monthly download allowance :blush:

I've had the same issues with my Mac looking at images even beyond SC, and like you refuse to install Chrome or Firefox. I went Opera and most my ills are healed.

I have a feeling my issues are related to not having updated my OS to Yosemite yet. Love to but I can't...5Gb!!!...I mean that's like twice my monthly download allowance :blush:
Don't think so. I'm on Yosemite 10.10.2 beta and its only been since the last update. Did we have a Safari update? Oh yeah... I still hate Yosemite.

Don't think so. I'm on Yosemite 10.10.2 beta and its only been since the last update. Did we have a Safari update? Oh yeah... I still hate Yosemite.

I just tried Safari Version 8.0.2 (10600.2.5) on Yosemite 10.10.1 without any issues, do you need to be on a beta? I'm starting to like Yosemite better, the only thing I can't stand are the folder colors in Finder.

-Thomas

I just tried Safari Version 8.0.2 (10600.2.5) on Yosemite 10.10.1 without any issues, do you need to be on a beta? I'm starting to like Yosemite better, the only thing I can't stand are the folder colors in Finder.

-Thomas

Right (and yes, its a beta, you can't get it otherwise methinks). I didnt have any issues with 8.0.2 either. But, I can't downgrade. Unless I dump the beta of course, which is always an option. I admit to becoming bored to sobs. I dont have issues with most things, but the things I have issues with arent experienced by others. Seems to me that the more Apple fix, the more crud gets introduced. AFAIC the most stable of OSX (after the move to Intel) was Snow Leopard, and since then, only Mountain Lion has been completely stable for me. And none were as stable as those on PPC.

Seems to me that Yosemite is geared for Retina Screens.... and I dont have one. So the fonts are crappy, and the UI is crappy, and I am unhappy. to which end, I suppose I will either have to upgrade my screen, or get a retina macbook pro. The screen will be easier. Dell have a really nice high resolution screen in 25" which will suit me beautifully.

/rant

FINALLY the 5Gb download is done and Yosemite is up and running. OK I'm the freak here but it seems so much smoother and nicer than Mavericks on my MBA11. No retina, not even an SD card slot, but so far all very good thank you. Oh yeah and Safari is working all proper again. I'm a happy chappy.

Back