Feedback Site changes, again

Amin

Hall of Famer
Hi all,

I merged quite a few forums, taking a brand-specific approach rather than the prior brand-and-format approach. This was done in preparation for merging a few of the other sites into this one, namely FujiXspot, Leica Place, and Forever Film.

The main reason for the changes is that it has been too much $$ and work keeping all these sites updated, licensed, etc. That said, I do think it will be a good change for everyone, bringing in some more members and activity.

Let me know what you think. Also, a name change is probably in the works again. I know this isn't gonna be to everyone's liking, but it's an important part of making the new members from the other sites feel welcome regardless of whether their gear is compact. @Lightmancer suggested a bunch of different names. Right now I like CameraCommune.com - love it, hate it, indifferent, other ideas, let me know :).

All best,
Amin

I, for one, look forward to seeing a little more activity.....and it's not like the place is going to over-run. I think a lot of the members at those forums "did some time" here before the original split anyways.

I can't imagine how much time and money it is to keep all those little fora going. I think it makes much more sense bringing in all those other groups under one new moniker.

To me it makes more sense to have one lively site rather than several rather quiet sites.

I like Cameraderie.org a lot too. I just checked the word definition as I wasn't exactly sure. It's from the French word for "comrade" and it means, "mutual trust and friendship among people who spend a lot of time together" or "a feeling of friendliness towards people that you work or share an experience with" - and you can't argue with that.

-R

I put up a notice about the site changes, coming. Most likely the new site address will be Cameraderie.org. All comments/suggestions welcome. Thanks Amin

I can understand your situation, Amin, but hopefully this will not turn into a mishmash of various camera systems, etc., with content hard to find. I hope that there will still be separate forums for fujifilm-related gear, issues, etc.

There will be a Fuji forum but was not planning to have a bunch of subforums. Once it is all merged, we can try to adapt and make things as usable as possible.

There will be a Fuji forum but was not planning to have a bunch of subforums. Once it is all merged, we can try to adapt and make things as usable as possible.

So there will be one forum each for the various categories (e.g. Landscape, B&W), and there will not be separate ones of these for the various camera brands?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm okay with the changes and completely understanding as far as the reasoning goes; still, I'm a bit wary about merging communities that persue very different approaches to our - admittedly, mutual - passion. We'll see how it goes - I'm sure that everyone will do their best to make it work. The proposed name is fine by me - even though I personally find it on the quirky side for a pun (but that's probably me knowing my French), I fully agree that it's very fitting (on the other hand, I suggest searching for "camaraderie" - mostly, definitely not what we're about). I just pinged "photoafficionados.com" which is available (so is ~.org, and "photafficionados.com/.org" - that's leaving out the second "o"), but I'm fully aware that it doesn't roll of the tongue quite as nicely as "cameraderie.org" (I personally like the ".org" aspect a lot!).

M.

I certainly hope its not what were seeing now, thats a mess imo.

Last edited:
Back