Single in January - So how's it going? Days 21-31

Damn, I'm so disappointed that I don't have a camera to complete the month but just wanted to say you all are doing an amazing job. Also I'd love to see a thread after perhaps titled "Lessons Learnt — Single in January" I think it would lend it self to an interesting discussion.

Damn, I'm so disappointed that I don't have a camera to complete the month but just wanted to say you all are doing an amazing job. Also I'd love to see a thread after perhaps titled "Lessons Learnt — Single in January" I think it would lend it self to an interesting discussion.
Excellent idea. It will follow this thread come day 32.

Oh no, it's like being back at school. I'm beginning to understand why Sebastian was looking at you the way he did Mark! :eek:
It's for his, and everyone's, own good! Sort of like drinking that whole spoonful of Cod Liver Oil....a wicked all-day after-taste but no rickets

Yep I'm up to date of commenting too....did take a solid 4 hours the other morning to catch up though.

So just a few days to go. Anyone up to the additional challenge of including a 'selfie'* in the dying days?...for those who've not already scare us of course ;) Full creative licence (in the art of obfuscation) permitted of course.

* - if not of your actual person then maybe something of intrinsic meaning to you....you know something that someone painting your portrait would have to include to make it you.

Touché!

Lots of cows for me this month, so not quite sure what that conveys about me.
:laugh1:

Gonna upload some photos for the last few days now, and hopefully I'll catch up on my commenting tomorrow - it's been a while since I really took the time!

I like the idea of lessons learnt, although I'm not quite sure yet what I'd say - maybe I'll need some time to reflect on it, before I can truly say something sensible about that

Only three more days!!:dance2:

P.S. Don't get me wrong - this has been a wonderful experience...even when I've complained, I have ultimately been enjoying the SIJ. One request...if anyone has a photograph that I have somehow inadvertently missed, please send me a PM about it with a link. I'm pretty sure I haven't missed anyone but I could have by accident.

Only two more days for me. I've missed one, in the first week.. done better this time than last. I must admit that I am getting sick of using just the XZ, and having to shoot when I am not in the mood for it. For this reason I would never be able to work as a photographer (you know, weddings, parties, anything) and am glad I gave that up before I really got started.

For me, this has reinforced just how good the XZ-1 is, still love GRD but my word! That Oly is GOOD!
Tried using it on video to catch two Coyotes running acrss parking lot last night but they were gone too fast...

Just uploaded from the first two rolls of the month. The machine at the Lab was down waiting for parts. Roll three is at the lab, and #4 is in the camera.

I dropped four rolls off at the Lab, labeled with the cameras used. They switched two, took me a bit to figure out! The little Canonet Ql17l is a pick of the litter, the lens is a stand-out on it.

Had a couple of sorry days, pain and lousy weather. nearly did not get any shot at all. Finally posted something just to be consistent, but not happy. Today was BETTER. First day in over a month that I was able to just get out in the truck for a while. Beautiful day and very little pain. Wonderful. My shot came from the edge of the woods and field, 60 yards from the house (RV, Fifth wheel trailer, not motor home). Not my greatest, but I am not walking very well yet. Fallen so far behind in commenting, that I'll never catch up. So Y'all just know that I am very impressed with the quality that I am seeing, both in content and tech.:bravo-009:

Back