Single in January - So how's it going? Days 21-31

I feel a bit of a fraud having missed so many days at the beginning so I think I will be just getting the feelings you all are having now just as the month is ending.
I've noticed though that a lot of peoples work is really going up a level and find that very interesting. Hopefully the same will start happening to mine. At the moment I'm still looking for a groove to get into!

I'm finally out and about a bit, with limited mobility and associated pain of damaged sciatic. Sure feels good to begin to shed the prison of home for the last month. YEA! After storms and gloom, today is beautiful (8:30 am). Let's see what we can get into with the camera today.

it's a skanky day, damp, dank, dull, visibility about 100m ... now's the time for a weathersealed camera & lenses ... I have a hankering to spend money which I need to husband ... a 4x5 pinhole? a Leica CL? ... I'll eat some cake instead I think ...

Well, I missed yesterday's entry. I spent most of the day in "simulation", and various preparations, for the upcoming radiation treatments, and afterward didn't feel up to doing anything but sleep.

Although the day is very grey, and overcast, like I feel, I'll try to get something special today.

Will no reason to feel like a fraud - you weren't to blame for your camera's going down the tubes... I do think there's a rhythm to this SIJ, though I think we all kind of hit the wall at different times depending upon what else is going on in our lives.

Steve, glad to hear you're able to be outside and moving. Take it slowly but surely - we don't want any set backs. Paul, cake is always good, however I prefer pie.:D

Otto, good shooting today and all the good luck in the world for your upcoming treatments. I'm sure it's important to be well rested in preparation.

For me, the sun is out and there are blue skies here today - thank goodness. Like many, I find rainy cold days to be debilitating...I try to counter their effects various ways and was lucky to find a good image yesterday. We'll see how I do later on when I get around to seeing what today brings.

Hang in there everyone...the goal is in sight!:grouphug::clapping:

Hang in there Will...it gets better.

I say that but now that I'm back at work I'm struggling. LLLOOOOONNNNGGGG days. Leaving me with 5-6am in the morning and 9-10pm to 'myself'. But I've gotten images each day - though I fear I am relying on a single frame for both the 23rd and 24th....so I'm more than a little nervous. All images are still locked away on the card (feels like I'm using film ;)), and I will process tomorrow (26th) when it's Australia Day public holiday :dance:

Apologies for my tardiness on the comments. I will have caught up by the close of the 26th....promise! :blush:

You're doing great folks....and I wish I could return to the first 20 days when SiJ was central to my days - now life is all consumed by the all-too-real-world of work. :drama:

I mistakenly uploaded days 21, 22 and 23 of the SIJ to the 'my photo' gallery instead of the SIJ gallery. Is there a simple way to move them from one gallery to another?

Gosh, I was all caught up yesterday but now I'm back at least two pages even after spending about 40 minutes!

Eventually I'll get there. Haven't even chosen my own picture for today...so it will have to go up tomorrow.

Hello guys and girls.

Ypu have probably noticed that I have been absent from this fair forum for quite some time. The reason is that I broken 3 fingers on my rihgt arm in a freak accident. It makes it rather difficult for me to type and impossible to take photos. I really apologize for dropping out of SIJ. Still, I will ask my wife to scan the pictures I already took and I will post them ASAP.

Cheers,
Pavel

The Curse of SiJ ! - first BillN's 3 toes, now your 3 fingers Pavel ... hope it is not too painful and heals quikcly

Back