Single in January - So how's it going? (Days 1-10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ready to go! Couple of questions ... and hopefully I'm not being repetitive. (1) If I miss a day, can I post an extra one the following day? (2) If I did take a photo on X day, but did not upload it to the gallery on X day, can I do it on Y day? I vaguely recall reading something about this before, but I can't find that post. Sorry if I'm being repetitive.

I'll be super busy in January with work (thanks to plaintiffs' lawyers :)), but I'll try my best to get my 31 photos in! :D
If you miss one day posting here, you are Fired.. Like Donald Trump would do to you..
Doug

If you miss one day posting here, you are Fired.. Like Donald Trump would do to you..
Doug
BAM! Jeez MrDoug sounds like I have the perfect job for you....wanna be the Mod Enforcer? If you play Don Trump - without the extreme comb-over - we could dispense with any spammers or dissenters with a swift brand of justice ;)

You're right it's preferable to keep in the spirit of photo-a-day but, again, it's the journey that matters most.

But if we have too many slackers then I'm unleashing SIJ Deputy Doug :laugh1:

My day one's up as well. Uninspiring, but a testimony to the power of playing the safety :blush:

Good show so far guys....and that's mostly us Aussies and a little owlet in Texas ;)

Up this morning to catch the first rays of sunshine in the New Year. Shot off 5 pictures, and will keep at it.
So:
Jan 1, Pics 1-5. ISO 200 film. (Also shot a roll in the Nikon SP and Canon P)
Jan 2: pics 6-9, same roll, neighborhood stroll.
Jan 3: Pics 10-15, walk down to the creek, late Winter Sun.
Jan 4: Pics 16-20, five shots walking down to the frozen creek.
Jan 5: Pics 21-end of roll 1, neighborhood wa;k, Sunny Day, end at Cemetary.
Jan 6: Roll 2, pics 1-4
Jan 7, Pics 5-14, Marine Corps Museum.
Jan 8, Pics 15-23, stroll and Roma Rest.
Jan 9, Pics 24-29. SNOW (a dusting)
Jan 10, Pics 30-33, late afternoon, sun low in sky. Machine "down" at Sam's, will get roll 1 back later this week.

Not a good start, dull overcast light, then I found my camera date setting claimed all the images I took this morning were actually done on the 25th Dec 2011!
Sorted out camera date and set out again.
First one posted. Got a few i liked so I may have to cheat and go back to each of those locations again over the coming days ;)

I had a scenario today where I was shooting with a telephoto lens quite a bit. I have to admit that it was a drag putting on my chosen lens to execute the shot that I commited to. I'm pretty sure I don't like this and will be more than glad when January is over, but will continue the 30 day experiment to see if I get anything new out of it. Sorry for the negativity on day one, but the thread title asked how it was going.

Say, the only thing compact about my camera (K20), is the lens 50mm. Can I still play if I promise a serious attempt to get a SC sooner than later?

I say go for it!! I count the K-5 as a "compact" and this forum has a K-5 image thread. So I say, go for it! :)

Say, the only thing compact about my camera (K20), is the lens 50mm. Can I still play if I promise a serious attempt to get a SC sooner than later?
Well Steve if Armando is vouching for you then I can't see why not....hope you get this before your Day One is out. So which 50mm, so I can add you to the Honour Roll mate?

Oh yeah so this might be the perfect time...which SC is top of your list? Or are you waiting for the outputs of SIJ to help you decide ;)

Well, I think it's going ok so far. Submitted my first photo. but not sure why it shows January 2 as the date. I did take it today, the 1st. I went out earlier today to take my initial shots, but the date on my camera was wrong so I had to take some here at home so I could get my requisite day shot in, not that the first batch was anything to write home about. This is going to be a real challenge for me since I'm new to this camera, and not used to using a fixed focal length, but it will be a good way to learn the camera, and overcome the limitation (I hope). We'll see how tomorrow goes...

One other thing, I resized to a maximum side of 1024 pixels, and 72 pixes for resolution. Is this correct?

Thanks,

Reactions: BBW
I had a scenario today where I was shooting with a telephoto lens quite a bit. I have to admit that it was a drag putting on my chosen lens to execute the shot that I commited to. I'm pretty sure I don't like this and will be more than glad when January is over, but will continue the 30 day experiment to see if I get anything new out of it. Sorry for the negativity on day one, but the thread title asked how it was going.
Bummer Luke. So mate why did you end up choosing the short zoom rather than the long one?

I've even fired up an old computer running Windows 2000 (very much a Linux user these days) in order to print my first two shots, only to find that I've forgotten all the Photoshop 7 keyboard shortcuts :redface:

Windows is able to use the proper drivers for the printer, rather than some generic ones that Linux would use, and therefore produces a better print.

Barrie

the sky's gone a funny colour here ... I think you could describe it as "blue" ... so I'm a bit worried about how the camera will handle the white balance today

Reactions: BBW
Went for a wonderfully long walk yesterday mid morning with my husband and our dog...took way too many pictures, but felt compelled to.;) I've just uploaded my first - from yesterday January 1st. I did end up with a couple of pictures I like...but haven't had time to fine tune them. This is going to be a busy month!

I really need to get a pair of clip on polarized sunglasses that I can flip up when I'm out and want to see my LCD. Been trying to use the histogram more than usual in these kinds of bright sunshiny days.

The other thing that I kept thinking was...that I wished I'd chosen my other camera. Which is pretty funny. No doubt that if I'd chosen my other camera, I'd be wondering if I should have chosen this camera.:rolleyes::)

Otto when you wrote
Well, I think it's going ok so far. Submitted my first photo. but not sure why it shows January 2 as the date. I did take it today, the 1st.
is it possible that you did not enter a title for your photo when you uploaded it? You may be able to go in and edit the title now, if you want.

I've got a lot of pictures to catch up on viewing in the SIJ but just from the thumbnails that I've seen, it seems everyone is off to a great start!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back