Single in January 2017

If I remember correctly, commenting on every photo was problematic for many and possibly contributed to some people not taking part. I also think many struggle with "the pressure" of needing to shoot every day to participate. Others, likely don't want the limitation of only one camera and one lens.

To be clear, I'm NEVER an advocate for "participation ribbons". But I also would like to see more people involved. And if one wants to put restrictions on oneself to "more fully commit" to the spirit of the original, I think only good can come from that. But I also think our community of shooters might be better served if we all just create more photos and share more photos.

Daily commentary takes a lot of time. This year I plan to only comment if I actually have something to say. The key point is to participate to the extent that you can. If you miss a few days, no big deal.

Last edited:
May be we could boil down the idea of SIJ to "less gear (acquisition/talk), more photography (taking/discussing)". I'd be happy if people participate, no matter how often they can contribute, or what gear they use to do it.

I was trying to decide between the Pen F and the Lumix 20 and the X-T10 and the 27. I've decided to go with the latter. I really have to give Fuji a fair try and nothing forces familiarity like a month of daily shooting.

I'm in. Again it will be K-01 (hey, I'm faithful!) with its newest lens: Pentax DA 20-40 Ltd. I'm hoping this would be a good exercise to really test the lens.

I missed last year, just did not have the energy to bother. I think I'll do it this year but as always will likely not comment as much as I'd like to and not shoot as much as I want. There could be a lot of household items in my lot. Havent decided on a camera, but given that I'm not bonding with the LX100, maybe I should make the effort with that. And/or my iphone6S

As was the case last year, the first week of the month will coincide with my vacation. This year, I'm traveling abroad (Barcelona) which means the first six (6) days should be easy. An airport shot will have to do for day 7 and I will have to fight through jet lag for my day 8 shot. On day 9 I return to work, which means a whole bunch of night shots Monday through Friday (just like last year). Choice of gear will depend on what I decide to bring on my trip, but most likely the Leica M-P with either the 35mm or 50mm Summilux. I'll decide later on.

Comments on photos are nice and greatly appreciated, but no one should feel pressured to comment on every single photo.

Cheers,

Antonio

Hey @MoonMind , I'll do the SIJ 17 with a Canon S95 if you do.
That's one hell of a tease :) Given the pressure of the last couple of weeks, I'm a bit weary at the moment - and wary of piling on another task, too. But knowing myself a little, I think I'll be in anyway. The S95 will be considered - but it's got competition, and then some (at least three cameras beg to be used: the GR (I never did a month with it!), the GX80 and the E-PL7 (again)). I'll not decide before Chrismas, however. The only thing I can say for sure is that I won't try doing it all on film ;)

M.

If we do this, could we please have the photos in forum treads, rather than in galleries? I just find that much more interactive. We could have a tread per week, or even per day...

If we do this, could we please have the photos in forum treads, rather than in galleries? I just find that much more interactive. We could have a tread per week, or even per day...

This! How do we get this implemented? I find the gallery too far removed ... and bothersome. Do we need to vote?

I'm in, flat overcast pictures from Northern hemisphere will be provided. Hopefully I'll have the energy to shoot and deliver daily. My photography has been in the pause for multiple nasty reasons.

I'll probably challenge myself with one camera+lens combo, or in the worst case settle with iPhone 6.

Gallery works for me.

Looking forward already your input.

Back