Single in January 2016, days 11-20 - How are you finding it??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've missed a couple of days, I generally tend not to pick up the camera unless there's some nice light of which there simply isn't at the moment. I really can't bring myself to keep posting dog pictures! Will try to come up with something else of the domestic nature later!
i literally laughed out loud! you always post dog pics! but theyre always good! :D so whats the harm? :)

At least I'm making my peace with the flip screen on the EM5 II. I really didn't want it, but it's worked much better than I thought and I can see the advantages over the tilt only for still photography.
*takes away your club memership to the swivel screen resistance* ;D

Not so proud of today's input. No time at all to do something with camera. But I'm not giving up
Same here - I missed a couple of wonderful sights for some circumstancial reason or other, mostly because I wasn't expecting them then and there and hadn't taken the camera along. I took a safety at lunch time - and that's all I got. So it goes ...

M.

I'm finding myself relying more and more on post processing in search of an interesting image.
Yes, I know what you mean and I know what I'm like, that's why I restricted myself from doing that as part of this challenge.

Having took my shot on day 17 (Sunday) at about 1am, thus freeing myself up from having to think about what to shoot that day, I went out later that day and shot without any of my SIJ restrictions. That helped put me at ease a bit. But, come 7pm today when I haven't taken that shot, the familiar pressures come back again....

I learned last year that I simply had to make do with sub-par shots some days - and additionally, I had to allow myself to see the usually overlooked things. Not the spectacular will save the day in a pinch - but the previously neglected might.

M.

Skipped a couple of days, and did not develop a guilt complex over it. Maybe I'll get one today, ....or not. I know it is not in the spirit of the challenge. But, I have been driven by the demands of others and myself, all my life. And now, I'm getting into this life of retirement (after 6 years), and don't like pressure. So, this is a casual event for me.

I just go on a stroll each day, and take my camera with me. Usually I come back with 4 or 5 pictures, and then comes the chore of picking the one I want to post.
That's what I do whenever I can. Unfortunately, what with workload and other obligations, it's not always possible. However, for me, it's the best way to cater to different needs in one go, so to speak.

M.

Aargh... My main computer has gone Tango Uniform. I cannot process anything at the moment. I shall carry on shooting but there will be a posting delay...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back