SiJ 2018 - outtakes and experiments

_PRO9825-L.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

_PRO9853-L.jpg

Troy, there's something about your images I like a lot. They have a certain color cast that I can't quite identify, but I like them.

Thanks Tony, I think I try to compensate for the blue cast we get from the heat, humidity and eucalyptus fumes in the air by dialing in some orange...

I threw the Panasonic 8mm f/3.5 fisheye on the GX85 after I got my morning coffee and went for a stroll around town. It’s a tiny little lens that lets you do some cool things with a bit of patience and experimentation...

I’ve also got the full SKRWT package on my iPad which helps with distortion corrections...

1BC953C5-2B7B-4010-AE83-9B0064903F70.jpeg

7266BDB3-017C-4823-AED8-29CFED693DF5.jpeg

Whats that?

Very powerful and easy to use perspective correction software...

Being photographers and instagram-addicts ourselves, we dreamt of an application that could fix the one thing that still made our photos look like snapshots – distorted lines due to the wide-angle lens in most of today’s mobile phones. so we went and straightened things out.

You’re welcome.

http://skrwt.com/

Very powerful and easy to use perspective correction software...

Being photographers and instagram-addicts ourselves, we dreamt of an application that could fix the one thing that still made our photos look like snapshots – distorted lines due to the wide-angle lens in most of today’s mobile phones. so we went and straightened things out.

You’re welcome.

http://skrwt.com/

Thanks, Troy! I seem to do nearly everythng on the ipad now.. this will be a nice addition. IF it works in landscape mode... does it?

[edit] actually never mind. I've just realised that Snapseed does a very decent job of perspective fixing.

Last edited:
Day 15. IN the "real" shot, he couldnt decide if he really wanted in (after wailing so loudly to be allowed). Here's the progress beyond that shot.

One step closer (but theres something hiding behind that wall)
E9BCCD31-86DE-4778-AD70-4ACC7851B201.jpeg

And there's *definitely* something thats going to leap out at me from behind the door!

34FD7A75-1D2D-4718-85C8-6DEC05233D4E.jpeg

Day 15. IN the "real" shot, he couldnt decide if he really wanted in (after wailing so loudly to be allowed). Here's the progress beyond that shot.

One step closer (but theres something hiding behind that wall)
View attachment 132112

And there's *definitely* something thats going to leap out at me from behind the door!

View attachment 132113
My cats are exactly the same only they do it going out, making sure there's nothing hiding waiting to ambush them. They have a cat-flap but would rather a stupid human open the door for them. Sound familiar?

My cats are exactly the same only they do it going out, making sure there's nothing hiding waiting to ambush them. They have a cat-flap but would rather a stupid human open the door for them. Sound familiar?

Absolutely. Which is why there is no cat flap. If I have to open the door, damned if I am getting a flap put in that will never be used. The litter tray needs to go, too, he wont use it. At least he isnt scared of it like my last cat, poor little beggar was terrified.

Back