SiJ 2018 - Day Twenty Four.

9 shot pano of our back patio.

[Group 1]-R0000818_R0000826-18 images_DxO.jpg

Yesterday's drizzle has been replaced with pouring rain. Whilst the forecast suggests it will clear before sunset I've decided on this view from the end of my cottage (meaning I'm in the dry) showing the Dutch barn almost alongside it. Look closely at the ends of the guttering and you should discern some thin silver streaks, that's the water flowing out of the ends of the guttering due to the lack of any down pipes. It also shows as silver streaks between the two pillars on the right hand side of the barn as it's blown away by the wind. The white marks on the floor are signs left by roosting Jackdaws that shelter there overnight. Sadly the wood pile is not mine.

180124-1030918.jpg

Barn in the rain

Barrie

P.S. That was a good shout, the weather men have been slowly putting back any clearance as the day progressed, now it's not due until after sun down.

Last edited:
I have decided to turn my chronic lack of time into a virtue. I do feel that SiJ is quite intimate, almost confessional in the way it encourages us to peek into each other's lives. With that in mind, therefore I present today's image.

2018_0124_22290300-01.jpeg
On the left, a blackthorn walking stick crafted by my great-grandfather when he was a young man. I first remember it being used by my grandfather. He died aged 85 in 1971. It is still strong and sturdy. On the right is a stick I bought from a country fair a couple of years ago. I can't see the younger stick lasting more than 130 years...

7A2686DA-E5FE-4EF5-9C01-A48359774785.jpeg

Day Twenty Four - the wrong plan

The first day there is half decent weather outside (sun shining, looking glorious for a brief time) I find myself stuck indoors in a meeting that I (why, why, why?) scheduled over lunch time when I could have been outdoors with my camera in my hands and a smile on my face finding beautiful images wherever I looked. Of course, the weather turned back to its familiar seasonal poop for my commute home with a land slip and flooding thrown in for some extra, uninvited adventure!

As for today’s shot - last year I joined in the Art of Photography YouTube channel photo assignments - The Photo Assignment | The Art of Photography. The first assignment got me shooting leaves!

Back