SiJ 2018 - Day Twenty Five.

bilzmale

Hall of Famer
Name
Bill Shinnick
“Of course, there will always be those who look only at technique, who ask ‘how’, while others of a more curious nature will ask ‘why’. Personally, I have always preferred inspiration to information.”
Martin Parr

Parr’s documentary photography captures the humour of every day British life. He is aptly described as a ‘chronicler of our age’.

Early outing today. Discovered that not all the wetlands have dried out. Here are some wading birds enjoying an early repast.

0C67DB50-3DB2-4761-9D0C-FA4600324FB7.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

SiJ2018_25_01.jpg

I have to go back to this spot with a different lens (and hence, camera) - this is unreal, a whole copse of impossibly bent birch trees in front of the more common coniferous forest. Due to the road being right behind my back, I was unable to catch more of this today, but this is definitely worth some more shots (in the morning, too, to get some better light - today it was overcast, and backlit as well).

M.

Last edited:
Taking a cue from @donlaw - one of my co-workers asked for a quick portrait for the slides she is presenting to middle management next week. I'm not the portrait guy I told her, but there was a good North facing window, and I brought my EF-500 with a cable and a mini softbox. Best out of seven.

View attachment 132580
Nice, I found most of my coworkers are willing 'victims' I mean subjects...
They all know me as the one who carries a camera around most the time.

Back