SiJ 2018 - Day Thirty.

Aye, just what I thought ...

M.
For me, it's still odd for me to see Europeans drinking American beer. when I grew up in the 70's and 80's American beer was the Budweiser/Miller variety and was pretty tasteless. It has changed so much since then and nearly everyone has a local craft brewery nearby.

For me, it's still odd for me to see Europeans drinking American beer. when I grew up in the 70's and 80's American beer was the Budweiser/Miller variety and was pretty tasteless. It has changed so much since then and nearly everyone has a local craft brewery nearby.
I bought this to try it and was pleasantly surprised - it wasn't tasteless at all, and it didn't emulate anything else, it was just well conceived beer of a variety (red ale) that's rare in central Europe - here, lager and more recently draft and IPA are all the rage, the latter two I could frankly live without. I'm not someone how drinks beer daily (or even regularily), but I like it with a bit of character if I do, and this one actually didn't disappoint. Maybe I was lucky, but I suspect - like you - that it's more likely the market that has changed ... That said, if I don't drink local, I have a taste for Scottish brews (I think I gave this away in another shot this month :)).

M.

Back