SiJ 2018 - Day Thirty One.

I've been struggling with extreme pain in my foot since last Friday, finally caved in and went to the doc. "GOUT!" he cried, and prescribed an appropriate med. Alas, it didnt help. I'm not going anywhere. And we finally got a little rain. Less than a mm, but at least the air has cooled somewhat.

Last shot for the month, doodoodoo lookin out my front door (more or less)

30FBFB11-933A-4939-89AC-A65EF77F0EA6.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I've been struggling with extreme pain in my foot since last Friday, finally caved in and went to the doc. "GOUT!" he cried, and prescribed an appropriate med. Alas, it didnt help. I'm not going anywhere. And we finally got a little rain. Less than a mm, but at least the air has cooled somewhat.

View attachment 132733
Sue, I hope you'll get better soon - and find something that works for you in terms of medication.

M.

View attachment 132733
Best of luck, Sue, gout can be a nasty bugger. Luckily medication is quite effective, I believe. An anti-inflammatory diet works well too. It's certainly helping my arthritis although I'm craving cheese and bacon ;-)

Sue, I hope you'll get better soon - and find something that works for you in terms of medication.

M.
Thanks Matt. I've been taking aspirin now for days, thenew meds seem to have kicked in now so a couple of days hence I should be back to normal.

Best of luck, Sue, gout can be a nasty bugger. Luckily medication is quite effective, I believe. An anti-inflammatory diet works well too. It's certainly helping my arthritis although I'm craving cheese and bacon ;-)

Thanks Martin. Don't talk to me about diet (diabetic so low carb, thyroid so no soya or phytoestrogens, sulfite sensitivity and now this.) I'm down to a glass of water and a caraway seed by now!!

Its all good. I cope.

With pain in my heart my nikon disposed of but I am totally happy with my fujifilm.
I enjoyed all of the pictures again.
Karen your special view results in beautiful images, Antonio what a beautiful series too, Marlof the way you see landscapes, the planes and lines, so amazing, and I would like to thank you for your support and for the last photo! See you next year.
Hanneke

Hanneke%20SiJ%202018-X3.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
Hanneke I declared your last entry a winner because I know that you’ve envisioned a collage entry for day 31 the whole month, and your attention paid off. It’s an amazing and diverse collection of photos of road crosses, the end result is stunning!

PS: on a technical note: the OOC Acros JPEGs your new XT20 delivers are amazing.

Last edited:
This was an easy shot in terms of effort, I can see it from my cottage every day. In 1905 the Automobile Association (AA) was set up in the UK mainly to give motorists, there weren't many, advance warning of police speed traps. In 1906 they started to erect village and town signs giving mileages to nearby places and London. By 1939 there were 30,000 such signs at which time local authorities were given the duty to provide such signs. This is the AA sign from my village now preserved by my landlord in the former farm yard, so no longer visible from the road. I guess it dates from the 1920's or 1930's. I couldn't reproduce the whole image in monochrome and loose that distinctive yellow roundel so here it is as a partial colour shot.

All my shots for the month have been either in the parish or no further away than Kingsbridge (2.5 miles as you can see). I've walked to most of them. It's just as well I got this shot early, it's now very wet with hail stones hammering down, might as well have challenging weather right to the end of the month. The forecast for the next few days is quite promising, typical.

180131-1031025.jpg

From here to there

Barrie

With pain in my heart my nikon disposed of but I am totally happy with my fujifilm.
I enjoyed all of the pictures again.
Karen your special view results in beautiful images, Antonio what a beautiful series too, Marlof the way you see landscapes, the planes and lines, so amazing, and I would like to thank you for your support and for the last photo! See you next year.
Hanneke

View attachment 132748
I enjoyed this series. I never knew these crucifixes existed, and this was a lovely excursion though their place in the world.

View attachment 132733
My colleague went through a bout of gout recently. He's in his early forties and very fit but was in incredible pain. Of course, we joked about his Falstaffian lifestyle. My best wishes to you, Sue, as I have seen first hand how painful this condition can be.

Last edited:
I've been struggling with extreme pain in my foot since last Friday, finally caved in and went to the doc. "GOUT!" he cried, and prescribed an appropriate med. Alas, it didnt help. View attachment 132733
Having had severe gout you have my sympathy Sue. The first time I had it I was given an antibiotic and it cleared up after about a week or so. The next time I got it I saw my doctor and she advised that gout is usually triggered by a reaction to a specific food or drink creating Uric acid crystals that accumulate in a particular joint. She asked me to think back and see if I could think of anything I had eaten before the two attacks of gout that I don't normally eat. The answer for me was chocolate, particularly Dark plain chocolate. Stopped eating plain chocolate and haven't had it since. YMMV.

Back