SiJ 2018 - Day Nine.

Discussion in 'Photo Challenges' started by bilzmale, Jan 8, 2018.

1. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus Subscribing Member

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    “Photography is a love affair with life.”
    Charlie Waite

Waite is an award-winning English landscape photographer. His images have a painterly impression in their use of light and shade.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Ripleysbaby

Ripleysbaby supernatural anesthetist

Sep 9, 2011
    Cumbria UK
    Garry
    Day nine and I’m afraid I’m out ! Only managed day one . Flu stopped play and still recovering. Got out yesterday for a while but caused a relapse. Now before anyone says it’s only flu, can I point out it’s Man flu. We all know how bad that is.

• Funny x 6
    • Sad x 3
    • Agree x 1
    • Wow x 1
    • Appreciate x 1
  3. bilzmale

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    Sorry to hear that Garry. AFAIK there are no rules against rejoining when your health improves.
    Get well soon.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  4. Covey22

Covey22 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Feb 3, 2012
    Get better soon Garry! The missus and my youngest got over a case of the Holiday Crud, but it took nearly 2.5 weeks, and they're still hacking every so often. Some bed rest and strong antibiotics should nip it.

5. bilzmale

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    Golden Shower with strong vignette applied R0000568_DxO copy.jpg in On1.

• Like Like x 12
    • Wow Wow x 1
  6. Toby, Snapseeded. Didnt think I would get anything done today, had to take an antihistamine last night and it always knocks me about (half a zyrtec would you believe) and I have been asleep most of the day. Toby kindly allowed me to take a couple of photos of him. Here's one.

429FECD0-A6A6-44F2-BB13-4AFC115160AD.jpeg

• Like Like x 10
  7. grebeman

grebeman Old Codgers Group

Another grey day, so this image was obtained within a few steps of the front door of my cottage.

180109-1030791.jpg
    Tractor in the orchard

Barrie

• Like Like x 12
  8. Lightmancer

Lightmancer Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Aug 13, 2011
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
    Aaargh. That's all I'm saying...
    IMG_20180109_122728_152.jpg

• Like Like x 8
    • Funny Funny x 7
  9. theoldsmithy

theoldsmithy All-Pro Subscribing Member

Jan 7, 2013
    Herefordshire, England
    Martin Connolly
    Obviously tractors are the theme of the day. This stopped outside my office window this morning.
    IMG_0107.JPG

• Like Like x 12
  10. NoSeconds

NoSeconds Top Veteran

Jan 1, 2017
    Troy
    This was the view that presented as we pulled up outside a roadhouse for a pit stop this arvo on the way to Busselton.

6D4A5F3B-FE9B-461E-B28F-AE12D6C7B505.jpeg

• Like Like x 14
  11. marlof

marlof Trying to focus Subscribing Member

Dec 25, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Marlof
    031433FF-4928-4542-B656-122CCC8A01B9-XL.jpg

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
    • Like Like x 14
  12. drd1135

drd1135 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Lexington, Virginia
    Steve
    The ancient victory:
    victory-L.jpg

• Like Like x 11
  13. Hanneke

Hanneke Regular

Sep 17, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Hanneke
    DSCF0445-XL.jpg

• Like Like x 14
  14. MoonMind

MoonMind All-Pro Subscribing Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Switzerland
    Matt
    Alas, today's safety shot is the only one I can post; I had two shots, the second one is even less interesting. It's getting repetitive, and I don't like that. Very busy day, though - need to keep myself from being absorbed this much; I'll go out for a little shoot tomorrow. If nothing else, it'll serve as a healthy break.
    SiJ2018_09.jpg

M.

• Like Like x 10
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Briar

Briar Hall of Famer

Oct 27, 2010
    Scotland
    Karen
    Others call repetitive a series or a project! :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  16. MoonMind

MoonMind All-Pro Subscribing Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Switzerland
    Matt
    Thanks, Karen, but I'm satisfied if I *find* the image, not stumble across it; this is my workplace from the outside as it looked when I arrived this morning - that's what I call a lack of imagination. Thankfully, the scene's not too shabby ... In all honesty, I lack the focus to do any real project (there are things I'm quite obsessed with, but that's about it).

M.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Briar

Briar Hall of Famer

Oct 27, 2010
    Scotland
    Karen
    1CBB5482-E52E-41BD-959E-508678089DE5.jpeg

Day Nine - the wrong way to eat an apple

Every work day this year I’ve been carrying an apple in my bag. It’s part of my New Year health kick. I bring it out of my bag, display it on my desk - look smug - then, at the end of the day, throw the apple back in my bag and bring it home with me. I’m not wasteful, I put the apple back in the fridge, sleep, then repeat. I like apples okay but never found myself thinking “I’ve got to have an apple”. Except tonight, had a fresh pot of pip ‘n’ nut peanut butter and nothing to put on it .... till I pulled out the apple. Chopped apple covered in peanut butter. DING DONG!!! Not sure it’s completely healthy, but seriously DING DONG!!! Shame same couldn’t be said about my photo today. Weather was just grey this morning so the shelter window was the best (only) shot I could muster.

• Like Like x 7
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Hageneth

Hageneth Regular

Jan 8, 2017
    Suffolk.UK
    Ian
    DSCF5153.JPG
    Such a dull miserable day again I only went as far as the village bottle bank. If it gets any duller I shall have learn how to use a flash outdoors.

• Like Like x 8
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. donlaw

donlaw All-Pro Subscribing Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Texas
    Don
    27824627449_de1f83abcc_c.jpg SIJ2018 Day 9 by donlaw200, on Flickr
    Sandy is one of my favorite colleagues and she and I have spent many hours working together on a particularly complicated project. Today was one of the rare occasions when we were both in the office. It was sheer luck that we had a superhero in the office as well!

• Like Like x 9
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. OK, so today was going to be nice but a bunch of cool things just didn't pan out. 'Thought I was going to get to walk around a frozen mariner and make some photographs. Didn't happen. 'Thought we were going to be able to have lunch tomorrow with our grandson and new girlfriend. (Both are engineering students in Boston.). Wasn't able to get that set up. And last but definitely not the least, I thought I was going to receive shipment of a new Leica camera body from The Leica Store in Boston but it appears that the UPS tractor trailer never made its way to northern Vermont.
    So, here it be. . . "Leftovers".
    . . . David
    Leftovers.jpg

• Like Like x 9
    • Sad Sad x 1