SiJ 2018 - Day Fourteen.

Smoke from a distant fire.

R0000672_DxO.jpg

Sometimes it's really funny ... I've been strolling through my area quite a bit, but I found a path along the river today that I had been completely unaware of - not that this is astonishing in itself, but I often wonder if there was one - turns out that I just hadn't found the right way to get down to that bank. It was quite intriguing - after a while, the path led under a highway overpass; it became rough and very worn out - still, hardly anyone in sight. Very peculiar. The image was taken shortly before the path crossed under a railway bridge and ended in a residential area.
SiJ2018_14.jpg

M.

Albert and Nikola Cafe, Dunsborough Western Australia.

Some random kid was eyeballing me while I was waiting for my coffee this morning... I shot this place the other morning with my GR and nobody seemed to notice, unlike the GX85 and LUMIX 8mm fisheye. Apart from this shot, which was pretty much corner to corner diagonally across the shop, I couldn’t really use the O45mm in this close confines without doing a study on the growth patterns of people’s nose hair...

9C174906-961C-485D-A279-7EBF457BAFF5.jpeg

Invasive Wintercreeper, Euonymus fortunei, growing all over the twin trunks of a Silver Maple, Acer saccharinum. Wintercreeper is another of the many Asian imports that have taken over the North American landscape. This evergreen vine is tolerant of harsh conditions and grows rapidly, and will easily smother native flora.

Day 14.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Back