SiJ 2017 - Day 15.

A keyring heffalump because I know I am not going anywhere today. Still using the LX-100 and glad for it. I had not bonded with it and now I am feeling much different. I like it.

IMG_0247.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

A keyring heffalump because I know I am not going anywhere today. Still using the LX-100 and glad for it. I had not bonded with it and now I am feeling much different. I like it.

View attachment 122667
Funny, I have one that looks almost exactly like that. A Indian friend of mine brought it to me after a visit home. Narrow depth field give this nice tones.
Glad you are getting to know your camera better. That makes the SIJ effort rewarding. One of the great things about participating in a challenge like this!

Funny, I have one that looks almost exactly like that. A Indian friend of mine brought it to me after a visit home. Narrow depth field give this nice tones.
Glad you are getting to know your camera better. That makes the SIJ effort rewarding. One of the great things about participating in a challenge like this!

Thanks, Don. Wonder if the keyring came from the same place. Mine was given by a friend after a trip to India :)

This needs a little explanation. I've passed this building literally hundreds of times (it's on a main road) but never noticed the following: There are four spaces for businesses in there, from left to right: the "Youth Bureau" (community building, youth work), social worker's youth office (youth welfare), a beer hall and a shisha den. Go figure ... S95, 39mm-e:
full.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

M.

This needs a little explanation. I've passed this building literally hundreds of times (it's on a main road) but never noticed the following: There are four spaces for businesses in there, from left to right: the "Youth Bureau" (community building, youth work), social worker's youth office (youth welfare), a beer hall and a shisha den. Go figure ... S95, 39mm-e:
View attachment 122700

M.

Well the youngsters need somewhere to go to keep them off the streets when it is cold!

I like this Matt, the way the leading lines draw you in and the wonderful rows of square windows.

Taking advantage of the good weather (such as it is for January in the US Northeast) and shot some storefronts. I shot Fuji Raw + Large Fine JPG and bought the Iridient X-Converter. So far I haven't found too many file comparisons of the converted DNG versus the in-camera JPG that blow my socks off. But it's early enough and I don't know all the settings yet.

I had never heard of the Robot brand camera; turns out they started as a springwork camera in a 24x24 format. Part of it was eventually subsumed into the famous Jena Optics Works.

WOODSHOLE-2017-064-Edit-WEB.jpg

Back