SiJ '16 - the "blooper reel"

Thanks Dale - not a winner if you pixel peep though - I've only recently found the 100% view and its a revelation. But I don't want to get hooked on this aspect.
it will be interesting to compare with the Cosina shots when I get them developed. After processing this X10 shot I took a couple more with the intention of getting a darker background - possibly too much so but we will see eventually.

Thanks Dale - not a winner if you pixel peep though - I've only recently found the 100% view and its a revelation. But I don't want to get hooked on this aspect.
it will be interesting to compare with the Cosina shots when I get them developed. After processing this X10 shot I took a couple more with the intention of getting a darker background - possibly too much so but we will see eventually.

The type of texture, like a wood grain but more subtle, should allow you to increase the local contrast slightly. That covers a few sins for some of my photos.

This was an extra. My dad's cow horn made into a fox horn, for calling the hounds. Nearly 65 years ago. Yes I can "whoop, whoop" it.
Fox Horn.jpg

Thought today would be a dead loss then for some reason out of the blue remembered a post discussion about green vinyl with Luke and Christilou

In the Skies : Peter Green via Jico SAS stylus on Shure MD95 HE on Connoisseur BD2 deck. All via the X10 - no prizes for photo skills Nostalgia and Posterity are the winners here

Kind of defeats the object though to shoot this in BW so just may let it stand.

View attachment 116171
Mr Green X10 by Roger Evans, on Flickr​

Excellent choice of stylus — I have a Jico SAS stylus on my Denon DL60 MM cartridge and their hyperelliptical stylus on my Technics EPC-P22. In both cases it was a huge upgrade over original styli.

But the lines are strong and make this much better than a throwaway.

Yes, I like the geometry of this shot, but unfortunately it's just a boring image. It works slightly better in color because of yellow/blue interplay. (BTW, I'm still amazed at how good Fujifilm cameras are in low light. I previously shot mainly Micro 4/3 and I'm pretty sure that any Micro 4/3 camera will produce nothing but noisy mess in such conditions.)

FXE20052.jpg

Yes, I like the geometry of this shot, but unfortunately it's just a boring image. It works slightly better in color because of yellow/blue interplay. (BTW, I'm still amazed at how good Fujifilm cameras are in low light. I previously shot mainly Micro 4/3 and I'm pretty sure that any Micro 4/3 camera will produce nothing but noisy mess in such conditions.)
View attachment 25688

Agree that it's boring in color. Disagree that it's boring in B&W.

Inspired by a documentary of Barbra Hepworth Sculptor – considering the next roll to be a photo series examining the shadows forms shapes and textures I can create with my right hand. Reasonably easy to do with a digital camera but with a film camera focusing composing and shooting is much more difficult. Cable release and tripod.

Back