Sigma Sigma SD shots

The foveon bug got its hooks in me pretty well. I have both the dp1 and 2 Merrill. When the dp3m came out, I started thinking, 75f2.8 fov is not long enough and 28f2.8 is not wide enough plus I wanted a faster lens then f2.8. If there are others on this forum using the SD camera models, please post. The following shots were from the 70f2.8 macro..

Gary

PS. I forgot to mention these are all hand held. I probably use a tripod about 10% of the time.

SDIM0505.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

SDIM0518.jpg

SDIM0720.jpg

SDIM0757.jpg

Thanks for the kind words, Sue.

I only post 1024 max for the web. The tiff16 files show so much detail that u need to c them to believe it. A raw file from a Merrill series camera is between 40-45mb, the tiff 16 file is 80mb. There is a ton if data to work with. The first time u view these guys on your computer screen, u go wow.

These cameras are not for everyone but if it works for u, then its all good. :D

Gary

SD1M 18-200 @200mm 1/200th ISO 3200 converted to Monochrom --> Deer in my backyard, just had time to grab my camera to take the shot thru the living room picture window. Not a great shot.. But wanted to show a iso 3200 shot.

SDIM0826.jpg

Gary

Beautiful. SD1M, I assume? I was already flirting with the idea of selling everything digital I have but my DP2 & 3M and the Nikon Coolpix A and buy a SD1M plus a few selected lenses.

Beautiful. SD1M, I assume? I was already flirting with the idea of selling everything digital I have but my DP2 & 3M and the Nikon Coolpix A and buy a SD1M plus a few selected lenses.

Thanks.

Yep they are all shots from the sd1m.

The new Nikon and Ricoh cameras are pretty nice. I was tempted to go for the Ricoh until the siren call of the sd1m...

Gary

This is an old thread but I bought a used SD1M a few days ago and found only this place for a picture. Beside a kit lens of a SD15 I don't own any Sigma lens. So, I have to rely on a few old M42 lenses. But the white balance correction and "green corner/purple center" problem are horrible. Here is a picture SD1M with a Takumar macro 50mm/4 (together they are lighter and smaller than a A7 with a 135mm STF)

14808780351_7d8dc8d37b_b.jpg

Mainly taken with either the 17-70 or 18-200 Zoom lenses if I remember correctly.

SDIM2252+-+Version+2.jpg

SDIM2263.jpg

SDIM2266.jpg

SDIM2357.jpg

SDIM2445.jpg

SDIM2458.jpg

SDIM2512.jpg

Gary

Sent from my iPad using SeriousCompacts

Some shots from SD1M using 12-24 and 70f2.8 macro

SDIM3131.jpg

SDIM3141.jpg

SDIM3228.jpg

SDIM3240.jpg

SDIM3303.jpg

SDIM3317.jpg

Gary

Sent from my iPad using SeriousCompacts

These shots are awesome. I see them and I want to buy a Foveon camera.

I remember when SD1 just came out and was still priced at $7k, I went on vacation to Istanbul and on top of Galata tower I met a Japanese guy shooting with two of them (one with Sigma 8-16 and another one with 50-150). I chatted with him a bit, we had a supper together and he showed me some of his shots on his iPad. I remember being astonished by their quality.

Back