Animals "Show" reptiles - post your images

full.jpg

From a reptile workshop I attended about a year ago. The largest Timber Rattlesnake I have ever seen . . . so large that the fingers of both hands couldn't meet around its widest point. It was over 4 feet long and over 30 years old. He said it was non-aggressive, but he had a clear tube over its head, just in case. He said the fat Copperhead in #2 was extremely aggressive, and would bite at the slightest opportunity. Nice. This was the most fascinating nature workshop I have ever attended.

DSCF0135a.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DSCF0142a.jpg

DSCF0145a.jpg

DSCF0152a.jpg

39547411881_ea6c9df6ee_h.jpg

Sand Monitor - {Day 06-01}
by Andrew Priest (Aushiker), on Flickr

Day 6: Esperance to Albany: The Unconventional Ride. 750 km in 10 days. Heading out of Hopetoun on Hamersley Drive and before the "fun" started I was distracted by the first of two sand monitors for the day. As it turned out it was timely as I got to chat to a couple of local bicycle riders (roadies); the only riders I met on the ride.

48836392931_8b7e36e0c9_k.jpg

Ular Suci or Holy Snake – Tanah Lot – Bali 2019-01 by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

We visited Tanah Lot, Bali, Indonesia in September – October 2019. One of the more interesting experiences was this “Ular Suci or Holy Snake” at Tanah Lot, Tabanan. Venomous sea snakes are common in the sea at Tanah Lot and are believed to protect the temple.

Despite assurances it was not venomous I didn’t take up the offer to touch it. Thankfully I didn’t try my lot as the snake is in fact a Banded sea Krait (Laticauda colubrina), one of Bali’s six venomous snakes and it is highly venomous. There is also no antivenom.

Apologies for the quality of the photo. It was taken in a cave and the snake was lit by an old torch to the right.

51259805102_ef300e4d9f_h.jpg

French Reptilian by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

The one and only reptile that I saw in while walking in France. Fitting it was spotted in the Cevennes National Park. I have no idea what species it is but.

Chemin de Stevenson-2018-D10-26: Day 10 of 12 – Florac to Gare de Cassagnas: Walking the Chemin de Stevenson (#GR70 Robert Louis Stevenson Trail) in the south of France.

Back