Show "R.I.P."

Herman

The Image Stimulator
Name
Herman
P10208021.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

A favorite subject of mine. Someone asked me why I love to shoot graves, they felt I was disrespecting them. I happen to feel just the
opposite. What greater way to keep them, their name and spirit alive and remembered then my photographs.....here's three:
My sentiments exactly. I'd be chuffed to bit's if it were my grave they were taking pictures of! :)

Great set by the way

Yes, I've talked to a few people that think taking images of a cemetery are bad. I've never understood that. Sometimes there is some very interesting scenery or grave markers in a cemetery that make for some cool shots. Religious dogma I assume is the reason for people being insulted.

Dave, I agree as I am 100% sure that everyone else here does, as well. Sometimes it is a cultural issue and sometimes it is just purely personal as to why someone wouldn't think it was OK.

I have always really liked old cemeteries. I like to read the headstones and definitely think about the people lying beneath. I also appreciate the deep sense of loss and memory found within. I only have one or two recent photos of a small rural graveyard I happened upon this summer down on the outer banks of North Carolina. I think I will resurrect one soon to add to this thread.

At Antonio: You really have to look good in PHoenix for graveyards. This is a small one actually in Glendale Az.
At James: I am not a good post fixer-uper. I just turned the satuation all the way up and played with the contrast.
Somehow is made it look dark and gloomy, just what I was looking for.

thanks, Love this thread.
Pete

Back